Senior Life & Health Insurance Leads

Pangaea

Guru
1000 Post Club
Hey guys, quick question about lead buying:

How much can you guys pay-per-lead for each type while remaining safely profitable? (considering they're real time, non-incentivized, and accurate data):

Medigap
Exclusive Lead:
Semi-Exclusive Lead (sold 2-3 times tops):

Final Expense
Exclusive Lead:

I'm just trying to get an idea as to what's fair on both sides... :GEEK:

depends on the age of the client re: medigap leads.....a lot of the medicare internet leads are those under 65 on disability

Hey guys, quick question about lead buying:

How much can you guys pay-per-lead for each type while remaining safely profitable? (considering they're real time, non-incentivized, and accurate data):

Medigap
Exclusive Lead:

Final Expense
Exclusive Lead:

I'm just trying to get an idea as to what's fair on both sides... :GEEK:

A real life "exclusive lead" somewhere $30 or less, just to be competitive with direct mail. Heck, if they were any good, I would pay $40. As for shared I think $10 to $15 tops for me. That's for final expense.

For medigap I am thinking $20 or so exclusive, and closer to $10 shared. Netquote and other sources are around $5.60 to $7, but we all know how many times those are sold.

A real life "exclusive lead" somewhere $30 or less, just to be competitive with direct mail. Heck, if they were any good, I would pay $40. As for shared I think $10 to $15 tops for me. That's for final expense.

For medigap I am thinking $20 or so exclusive, and closer to $10 shared. Netquote and other sources are around $5.60 to $7, but we all know how many times those are sold.

These sound pretty inline with what I expected. Thank you for answering.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
depends on the age of the client re: medigap leads.....a lot of the medicare internet leads are those under 65 on disability

If the client was over 65.

Do you mind chiming in?

Last edited:
If the client was over 65.

Do you mind chiming in?

$10 sounds fair to start, naturally if they are really people looking to purchase a med supp or ma plan not Part D only, and if they are over 65, you could ask for $15,for a semi exclusive leads....

Do you have any of these mythical "eclusive" leads for either product. if so, send me a message. I am cold calling medicare and have FE mailers out, but I am always open to other sources if they give a decent r.o.i.

Do you have any of these mythical "eclusive" leads for either product. if so, send me a message. I am cold calling medicare and have FE mailers out, but I am always open to other sources if they give a decent r.o.i.

I'm toying with the idea of doing it. I already have two call centers who said they'd buy, but I'll let you know if I do though

Nothing scientific here, but here is what I have seen.

Maybe 20% of senior leads are children looking for coverage for their parents. A high number of seniors are looking during the annual enrollment because they think that is when everyone can move.

Some look the rest of the year but most of those are T65.

Some are looking for Part D like Mark suggested and looking because their health has changed and they need to buy medication.

You get a fair number of tire kickers. Some that won't give you accurate contact info, just like under 65.

Some want to move but can't.

You know more about designing sites and SEO than most and if anyone can make it work it is probably you, but I think you will have just as many unhappy agents as those that sell major med leads.

I'm going to run my first test run this week. While I already have the first large lead buyers lined up if this works out I'll let everyone else know. Quality over Quantity though.

Last edited:
senior leads can be tough as a lead buyer, if they don't qualify, or if you bought a lead and they want something like part d or MA outside of an enrollment period, your sol.

with health leads, you could get lucky, maybe sell a dental or accident plan that would at least pay for the dental/vision only leads you invariably get.

I guess those even if you sold 1 $400 yr FE plan out of 30 Med Supp leads, it would cover your rear end.

Back