Senior Life Insurance Company Reviews

phonatas

Expert
Hey guys! opinions are much needed on this thread! What do you guys think about Senior Life? I don't know much about the carrier but from what I HEARD was that they were very much the same as Lincoln Heritage and truth be told that's just inventory for me AKA free leads hahah so my point is I don't want to write over priced plans for any of my clients and end up getting replaced. I recently was offered the contract at a decent level BUT it haven't seen if their rates are competitive or not.

Hey guys! opinions are much needed on this thread! What do you guys think about Senior Life? I don't know much about the carrier but from what I HEARD was that they were very much the same as Lincoln Heritage and truth be told that's just inventory for me AKA free leads hahah so my point is I don't want to write over priced plans for any of my clients and end up getting replaced. I recently was offered the contract at a decent level BUT it haven't seen if their rates are competitive or not.

Thousands of posts already on them. Search for them on here. They are horrible.

thank you ill search them now! would you say Great Western is better than Senior Life?

Senior life is captive. You can write great Western as an independent.

Check out my program. Finalexpenseservices.com

High contracts, training, leads and support. You'll be a lot happier if you go independent instead of being locked in with a captive company.

Forgive me, but I just noticed that just a few minutes before this post, you posted the following in another thread: "I'm not looking to sign anyone's contract lol I so tired of that lol I just want to buy leads and keep it moving lol". Senior Life, from my understanding, is exactly the opposite of that statement. The rates wouldn't be my primary concern with them, even if they're higher. What would concern me is the way they view their relationship with you, the agent. What do they expect from you in exchange for "providing" leads? What happens to your renewals if you decide to terminate your contract? What happens to your career if you decide to terminate your contract? Under what circumstances would they terminate your contract? (And other questions like those.) I don't know that much about SL, but I hear they're very much like LH in those respects. Having worked with Life of Boston (LH original name), I can tell you that I wish those questions had been answered for me before I signed with them. (And I wouldn't just want the company man's answers, either! Find a former SL agent or two to ask.) (or Bboman ;) )

yes that's true you did read that. I'm not looking to sign any contracts for LEADS. I state that I just want to buy my leads and keep it moving. I am looking to pick up carriers yes but not for leads I don't see the point of picking contracts in exchange for leads. here's the thing.. I'm new I've been in the game for under a year so I'm trying to find my way that's all. I don't want sign any contracts for leads. I'm trying to get much help as possible ive been burned by two companies which are well known and I love the insurance business. I was offered the contract I didn't sign it. its hard trusting people out here. do you agree?

yes that's true you did read that. I'm not looking to sign any contracts for LEADS. I state that I just want to buy my leads and keep it moving.
OK, but if SL is captive, you'll be signing a contract for THEIR leads, no?

they guy never disclosed they were captive he said wellll you know its ok but its frowned upon to write other carriers. I asked him a direct questions are you guys captive and that's the answer he gave me.

Senior life is a spin off of LH. Completely different company obviously but the guys who started SL came from LH to do it their way. they're very similar business models once you dive into it. If you didn't like LH, you won't like SL and vice versa. I think SL may offer a little higher contracts is it. Lead generation, building agencies, lead charges, etc are all similar.

And any time you receive leads from a company, they will always want you to put the business with them unless you buy it from a lead company and not an IMO. There are lots of companies out there that do it right and have competitive carriers. Find the carrier's you want then call into them and see who they refer you to.

they guy never disclosed they were captive he said wellll you know its ok but its frowned upon to write other carriers. I asked him a direct questions are you guys captive and that's the answer he gave me.

I have a local SL manger who has been calling me. It seems he is running into some of my clients (serial mailers), and can't replace my policies with his overpriced Colombian life.

His TV leads come with the catch of lower contracts, and a two year vesting period for renewals. Sounds captive to me. Also he insists on giving up all other contracts. He has been there five years and is on a 90% contract.... recruit recruit...

Back