Senior Life Insurance Company

has anyone been through their 3 day training program? That sounds interesting. I see their in GA, Final expense and those southern states just seem to do better with FE. I'm in Michigan and Final expense just doesn't seem to be as popular in the Northern states. Has anyone noticed that?

Well the North has cooler weather so they keep longer; whereas in the South, that heat bakes them and next thing you know...boing!

Yes it is the Powells out of Thomasville.

They have a proven sales system utilizing the phone - I've seen it work.

Now me personally - I am trying it since phone sales is where I want to be - however - the rates are higher than most others and I'm discovering that dealing with old people is a pain in the ass - especially when they are 80 and don't know what city they live in . . .

Any hoo - if you want to sell for them - give me a shout. The commission % lacks teeth - 50% to 75% and up to 100% if you recruit. Of this % - you will get 80% of that - the rest goes to your pass through.

They have a lack luster lead program, but you can always generate your own very easily.

Tom

Yes it is the Powells out of Thomasville.

They have a proven sales system utilizing the phone - I've seen it work.

Now me personally - I am trying it since phone sales is where I want to be - however - the rates are higher than most others and I'm discovering that dealing with old people is a pain in the ass - especially when they are 80 and don't know what city they live in . . .

Any hoo - if you want to sell for them - give me a shout. The commission % lacks teeth - 50% to 75% and up to 100% if you recruit. Of this % - you will get 80% of that - the rest goes to your pass through.

They have a lack luster lead program, but you can always generate your own very easily.

Tom

Tom, How was the 3 day training? Was It worth going all the way to Georgia? (assuming you are'nt already in Georgia of course) Did they pay for the travel and lodging?
I'm thinking about giving it a try,but i'm a little concerned with the price of the leads. $20 is ok when you are calling on the people in person, but it seems like you would be blowing through them pretty fast on the phone since it is so much easier for the prospect to say no on the phone and hang up. But then like you said, I guess I could just call Sales Genie or something and get my own list.

Are you looking to sell or sell and build a team?

With our team - you will start at only 50% of AP - then you only receive 80% of that due to pass through hold back. You can move up quickly and if you build a team - even faster.

You can get 65% if you go direct - then go to GA to train. I can train you over the phone / net in 2 hours. It's not rocket science. You just have to be able to "talk" someone into buying a product that they can get for 30% less elsewhere. If you can close - you can sell it.

There are other carriers out there that pay much, much more - but one of em has suspended their telesales till they get a grip on their poor persistency.

Ring me up Monday if you want to talk.

Where are you located? Licensed where?

Tom

" Tom, How was the 3 day training? "

I trained in 2 hours.

" Did they pay for the travel and lodging? "

No - they don't.

" I'm thinking about giving it a try,but i'm a little concerned with the price of the leads. $20 is ok when you are calling on the people in person, but it seems like you would be blowing through them pretty fast on the phone since it is so much easier for the prospect to say no on the phone and hang up. "

Closing one out of 8 - if lucky with their leads. Some do better. Some don't sell any at all.

Problem is the commission structure is weak compared to others out there.

Tom

I am as lazy as the next guy, and have tried everything there is to be known to work out of home. But with seniors its not going to happen. Maybe in 20 or 30 years, but the seniors today are more likely to buy in person. I'd rather drive around all day and make a couple sales, than call people all day with one sale that wont stick for 2 or 3 months.

Just my experience, but I am sure their are people doing it.

Ramiz said - "I am as lazy as the next guy, and have tried everything there is to be known to work out of home. "

It's not laziness - but rather time management for me. But - I sell very little FE via the phone - I actually hate it - but, will keep it in my bag I guess.

" But with seniors its not going to happen (phone sales). "

Actually Senior Life, Lincoln Heritage and Baltimore Life do it everyday. SL does over $10Million a month in AP via the phone to seniors - but the average AP looks to be under $2k a month per agent.

" I'd rather drive around all day and make a couple sales, than call people all day with one sale that wont stick for 2 or 3 months. "

1. I'm contemplating doing FE via pre-sets. I'm a team builder, so it's not like I want to personally sell anyway - just need a product that the training curve can be quick so we can teach the masses. If we do this - then we'll use Baltimore Life or Oxford (anyone got a good MGA or IMO Oxford contract?) in the homes.

2. Sticking 2 or 3 months seems to be the key. I'm not privy to all their info at SL - just want I see in our office and it seems to be less that 65%. 25% fall off before the initial withdrawal date. BL put a hold on their telesales until they could get their stickiness better.

Anything but MA's. I'm actually looking into marketing a partially Self Funded Group using a HDHP and a HRA program. Since we are going to be in certain areas - hooking up with a PPO Network and utilizing their contract rates seems to be a way to go as well - just wish I could make up my mind . . .

Either way we go - we have the capability to create our own leads and marketing. Recruiting and Training is the easy part . . .

Tom

Back