Senior Life Insurance Company

I A young woman came in the building with scissors, and cut another lady's hair off, and no one called the police.

:twitchy:!!!!!!!!

I have met Charlie and I didn't pick up on anything dishonest about the guy. I know for a fact he has done very well with them. I also met with one of their head honchos about 7 years ago and thought he was a decent guy too.

A rip off means you are not getting what you are told you will get. Whether you like SL or not they do tell you up front what you are getting.

Why did it take you a year to realize you were getting "ripped off"?

Last edited:
There is no security in the building, and they don't care about their agents. A young woman came in the building with scissors, and cut another lady's hair off, and no one called the police.

Was this lady whose hair was cut off being forced at gunpoint to accept the butcher job? LOL...that sounds serious. No one came to her aid? :skeptical:

Is that Albany, GA or Albany, NY?:wideeyed:
You certianly can. I write for Senior Life and my total production for this week alone is $7,892.09 in ALP (Annualized Life Prem.) Just apply yourself. It's AWESOME!
Charlie
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I worked for them almost a year, they are the biggest rip offs in the insurance industry. They force you into buying close to $500 a week in leads. Every "check" you get goes toward leads, so you never get paid there.
Their management team is unprofessional, they are out for only themselves. They don't train you, they have their team members train you.
There is no security in the building, and they don't care about their agents. A young woman came in the building with scissors, and cut another lady's hair off, and no one called the police.
The Albany office is not run by professionals, rather by some puppets on a string. With seating for over 300 agents, there are barely 40 people in the entire building.
I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, anytime, anywhere.
I see that yall are talking with Charlie Speller, nice guy and all, but hes not being honest with you. He knows that the company isnt honest, but the easiest way for him to make a buck is to get people on board and have them sell something. Now he said that his agents and managers are making lots of money, but the question is....Are they getting paid? Not likely! Its been proven that people can put whatever they want on their "boards", but thats a lie as well.
Dont get sucked into this company, especially the "training facility" in Albany, its a bunch of nothing!

Wow! Sorry that your experience wasn't positive. If that was truely your experience then I will personally apoligize for the group. Since I don't know your name, pardon me if I refer to you as Chaos. Well Chaos, the thing that I resent the most is the statement that I'm dishonest. As you certianly know, there's only one perfect person that ever lived and is living now. I can only speak for my 13 years with the company.
I'll try to address as many of your concerns as possible with the limited time that I have avaliable.(I'm still selling) Let's start with the leads. I have never had any agent in my group that I "Forced" to purchase leads. Leads are the life-line of our business. Chaos, if all of your commissions go to leads then you're not writing enough. The 100% repay has been the companies policy since it's inception and certainly you were told that when you started. The solution is simple, write more or get leads from somewhere else. Trust me, my people get paid. Who works for nothing? And if you were'nt getting paid then why did you stay for a year?
As for the management team not training you...I can't speak on that because I don't work in the Albany office. I have my own office and call center in "Dover, DE" I do however, know all of the managers with this company and some of the agents and if you felt that you were improperly trained that I assure you that you never brought it up. In my friends defense, they have integrity. Heck, I would have gladly trained you if you had only asked without wanting anything from you. At my office we have a one week sales training and it's intense. We cover everything from the script to overcoming the objections.
As for the security in Albany, I can't speak on that. Don't concern yourself with the amount of agents in the callcenter....just looking for the studs not the duds.

Finally, I work the business. If I never hired another agent or manager I'd still make money. The reason, I sell each and every day and have lead the company in personal production and renewals. Hope I addressed some of you concerns...It just wouldn't be proper for me to allow someone to bash my company and not respond. Nothing personal, just business. Good luck with your future sales.:nah:
PS: You never mentioned the medical benefits, daily pay, and the integrity of the owners. Hey, I'm an ole' country fellow from NC. Retired USAF, and if I can do it anyone can. Just do it!:1smile:
Wow! Sorry that your experience wasn't positive. If that was truely your experience then I will personally apoligize for the group. Since I don't know your name, pardon me if I refer to you as Chaos. Well Chaos, the thing that I resent the most is the statement that I'm dishonest. As you certianly know, there's only one perfect person that ever lived and is living now. I can only speak for my 13 years with the company.
I'll try to address as many of your concerns as possible with the limited time that I have avaliable.(I'm still selling) Let's start with the leads. I have never had any agent in my group that I "Forced" to purchase leads. Leads are the life-line of our business. Chaos, if all of your commissions go to leads then you're not writing enough. The 100% repay has been the companies policy since it's inception and certainly you were told that when you started. The solution is simple, write more or get leads from somewhere else. Trust me, my people get paid. Who works for nothing? And if you were'nt getting paid then why did you stay for a year?
As for the management team not training you...I can't speak on that because I don't work in the Albany office. I have my own office and call center in "Dover, DE" I do however, know all of the managers with this company and some of the agents and if you felt that you were improperly trained that I assure you that you never brought it up. In my friends defense, they have integrity. Heck, I would have gladly trained you if you had only asked without wanting anything from you. At my office we have a one week sales training and it's intense. We cover everything from the script to overcoming the objections.
As for the security in Albany, I can't speak on that. Don't concern yourself with the amount of agents in the callcenter....just looking for the studs not the duds.

Finally, I work the business. If I never hired another agent or manager I'd still make money. The reason, I sell each and every day and have lead the company in personal production and renewals. Hope I addressed some of you concerns...It just wouldn't be proper for me to allow someone to bash my company and not respond. Nothing personal, just business. Good luck with your future sales.:nah:
PS: You never mentioned the medical benefits, daily pay, and the integrity of the owners. Hey, I'm an ole' country fellow from NC. Retired USAF, and if I can do it anyone can. Just do it!:1smile:

Last edited:
I can tell you from experience that this does not work. Background: I sell the piss out of life insurance. OK?
The television leads are $3o a piece, they are impulsive buyers and the persistency sucks. The ones that you'd want to do business with won't give you checking information over the phone. You will know what it's like to go in the hole if you try this. Knocking on old folks door would be better than this.
You certianly can. I write for Senior Life and my total production for this week alone is $7,892.09 in ALP (Annualized Life Prem.) Just apply yourself. It's AWESOME!
Charlie
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What Charlie did not mention is that he paid 6k in leads and he is bad at math and doesn't realize that only 4k of that business will stick.:no:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can tell you from experience that this does not work. Background: I sell the piss out of life insurance. OK?
The television leads are $3o a piece, they are impulsive buyers and the persistency sucks. The ones that you'd want to do business with won't give you checking information over the phone. You will know what it's like to go in the hole if you try this. Knocking on old folks door would be better than this.
Charlie
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What Charlie did not mention is that he paid 6k in leads and he is bad at math and doesn't realize that only 4k of that business will stick.:no:
Hey guy and gals..I know Charlie Speller and the Powell's and Sr. Life. I've been with this team over 10 yrs. Charlie speaks the truth! In this industry u have winners and losers. The losers are always complaining why they fail. If u only sell enough 2 pay for leads then u don't know how to CLOSE the deal. Now, why do u think the winners can do it and the losers don't or won't do it? It's either a poor work ethic, lack of training, inability 2 handle rejection, not coachable, etc. If you have ever recruited agents u know there are plenty of losers and a few winners. Selling insurance is not 4 everyone (maybe you). And I have sold ONLY over the phone for 3+ years and ave. 12000+ production per month working about 30 hours per week. Other time spent recruiting and training. If the Powell's program is not any good then why do they write 10 million+ per year in ann. premium? Sometimes you can spot the losers by what they say. No offense to anyone but I tell it like it is. Doesn't matter what the insurance product is, doesn't matter who the IMO is, doesn't matter who the company is.....the LOSERS always complain and the WINNERS always sell! Think about which category you fall into...Yours Truly...theinsuranceman

Like I said Insurance Man, I make 100k sellin life face to face. There is no way that you will be honest with this forum about how much you paid in leads to get that ap. You may close over the phone and get ap but it don't stick. Anyone bad at math would love the phone selling opportunity if they have a spouse to support them and like to brag about ap. Powell brothers used to be a good place to work. Phone selling doesn't work with Seniors

Senior life's persistency ratio is 63%. That comes direct from one of Senior Life's NMO's. I'm not trying to belittle them, but that is their own figures, not mine. If the NMO got it wrong, I can't help it. I'm sure I will be rebutted on this, but either way, I know enough about them that they are not a good fit for me and my agents!

Like I said Insurance Man, I make 100k sellin life face to face. There is no way that you will be honest with this forum about how much you paid in leads to get that ap. You may close over the phone and get ap but it don't stick. Anyone bad at math would love the phone selling opportunity if they have a spouse to support them and like to brag about ap. Powell brothers used to be a good place to work. Phone selling doesn't work with Seniors

If you make 100K/yr. face 2 face, you should make maybe 150K/yr. on the phone (with proper training). Why do you think I am not telling the truth? I have NOTHING to gain here by misleading people. I work 20-25 leads per week (all generated by auto dialer). Best 2 work these leads within 2-3 days of being generated. Will close 4-6 leads per 20-25 worked. If this type of lead is say 4 weeks old your close rate will be lower. This is all on the phone! Just like an agent has 2 be trained in the field, an agent has 2 be trained on the phone. You have 2 sell emotion in the field and u have 2 also sell emotion on the phone..."Ms. Jones have you ever heard those horror stories where a person passes away with no insurance, or not enough insurance, and the children are left behind struggling to pay that expensive funeral home? Your children did not ask for that responsibility. It's just not fair to your children. They are going to be wondering why you didn'y have enough insurance. It also takes away from your grand children. And you and I both know this is the right thing to do. Now who do you want all this money to go to?" Something to that effect.....By the way, all my leads are pre-qualified to have a bank account (for advance comm. and persistency). If you would like details on these HOT Final Expense leads email me or better yet call me @252-292-3350...Greg

Back