Senior Life Services in Vero Beach, FL?

Swedllija

I recently received an offer to interview with this company and wanted to ask around to see if any of you have ever heard of them? Their parent company is Florida Insurance Services but I've never heard of them. My father in law works close to their location but he's never heard of them either. I have yet to return the phone call since I wanted to hear from you guys first. I'll take any input you can provide!

Thanks

they are an agency that only sells small life insurance policies to seniors. they start new agents at 50 percent commisson and that is about half of what you could get on a direct contract with a life insurance company. they do provide leads that are mostly responses from seniors that have no idea of what your coming to see them about but think you are going to help them get discounts on drugs.
they do provide a discount card that almost anyone can get for free on line that will provide some discounts on some drugs. they only allow you to sell for them and its a 1099 contractor position (independent contract) so you aren't an employee even though they try to treat you like one. they play games with your commisson and hold back about a third of what you earn for cancellations. not many of the people they hire stick and they have questionable practices and replace a great number of the policies they sell which may not always be the best thing for uninsurable seniors. You will spend all week seeing seniors many that are in poor health as many seniors are. If you decided to work for them beware that you must ask alot of questions about how you are paid and understand how much you will make by the time you pay for gas and the hold backs on your commisson earned. You can get licensed directly with most of the insurers they use at much higher levels and you may want to consider it. The managers are out selling also and some of have little or no experience. They try to come off much larger then they are and compared to working directly for an insurance company they aren't very large at all. They people at the top are making money but thats only a handful and you will most like be trained by a manager with less then 5 years experience because anyone with more experience then that would run for the hills and just sell on there own.
If you are happy seeing nearly disabled seniors in modest homes with little money trying to sell a life insurance policy from 5000 to 30000 then you might be able to make a few bucks with them but as i said few stay with them. good luck

Do you know this info for sure? I know someone who is going to go to work for them this month, and I am unsure if I should tell them about this unless I know it is true. Thank you.

Do you know this info for sure? I know someone who is going to go to work for them this month, and I am unsure if I should tell them about this unless I know it is true. Thank you.

Wouldn't your friend know if he's only being offered 50%?

they are an agency that only sells small life insurance policies to seniors. they start new agents at 50 percent commisson and that is about half of what you could get on a direct contract with a life insurance company. they do provide leads that are mostly responses from seniors that have no idea of what your coming to see them about but think you are going to help them get discounts on drugs.
they do provide a discount card that almost anyone can get for free on line that will provide some discounts on some drugs. they only allow you to sell for them and its a 1099 contractor position (independent contract) so you aren't an employee even though they try to treat you like one. they play games with your commisson and hold back about a third of what you earn for cancellations. not many of the people they hire stick and they have questionable practices and replace a great number of the policies they sell which may not always be the best thing for uninsurable seniors. You will spend all week seeing seniors many that are in poor health as many seniors are. If you decided to work for them beware that you must ask alot of questions about how you are paid and understand how much you will make by the time you pay for gas and the hold backs on your commisson earned. You can get licensed directly with most of the insurers they use at much higher levels and you may want to consider it. The managers are out selling also and some of have little or no experience. They try to come off much larger then they are and compared to working directly for an insurance company they aren't very large at all. They people at the top are making money but thats only a handful and you will most like be trained by a manager with less then 5 years experience because anyone with more experience then that would run for the hills and just sell on there own.
If you are happy seeing nearly disabled seniors in modest homes with little money trying to sell a life insurance policy from 5000 to 30000 then you might be able to make a few bucks with them but as i said few stay with them. good luck

Sounds like a winner to me! You have some contact info for them? :1confused:

Senior Life Services also asks for the past two years tax returns. All information is reviewed by the company after the upline makes an offer.

1099 opportunity and you're treated like an employee.

They have a lead program and very low commissions. That's how they justify low comm. A lot of innercity appts as they offer a free discount drug card too.

Back