Senior Life Services

wayneagonzalez

1/25/2008

I was called by SENIOR LIFE SERVICES regional manager in Tampa and interviewed by his territory manager to sell Final
Expense Insurance. They saw my resume on the web.

I had a funeral that I had to attend in Texas and I left on Saturday. The regional manager called me on the following Tuesday and said he would hire me and that I had to meet him on the following Thursday at 6pm at a panera restaurant close to his house. The following Friday I would go into the field with a manager for training and then on the following Monday I would go to Vero Beach for a training school.

I changed my plans and left Texas four days early so that I could meet him. There was an additional fee for changing my flight.
I hurried home and dressed up. I left 2 hours early so that I would miss the heavy traffic. Minutes before the meeting I called him to tell him I was entering the restaurant. He said they decided not to hire me. I asked why he didn’t call me so that I could stay in Texas and save all the money. He said he saw no reason to call me because I had gone to Texas.:arghh:

What can one do when they are treated this way? Warning others is the only way it seems.:tongue:

Last edited:
i was called by SENIOR LIFE SERVICES in tampa and interviewed to sell final expense. they saw my resume on Monster.com.

i filled out the appointment. at the interview and i entered some arrests i had but the charges were dropped.

i had a death that i had to tend to in texas and i left on saturday. the regional manager called me after i had left and said he would hire me and that i had to meet him on thursday at a panera restaurant close to his home and go into the field friday. on monday i would go to the home office for a week of training.

i changed my plans and left texas four days ahead of time on thursday morning so that i could meet him at a location thursday evening. this cost me a lot to change the ticket. i hurried home and dressed up and left 2 hours prior to the meeting because of the distance and traffic. minutes before the meeting i called to tell him i was walking in the door. he said they had decided against hiring me. i asked why didn't he call and tell me so that i could have stayed in texas and saved the costs. he said he told his area manager to call and he saw no reason anyone should anyway because i had gone to texas.
:arghh:

what can one do when they are treated this way? probably only warn others about this company.

</IMG>

The guy is an arrogant ass. The world is full of them.

The best thing you can do is go to work for his competitor and be successful.

Yes, and don't forget to insert his contact information in as many FREE offer sites you can find :)

Just spoke with one of their recruiters. You start out with a 50% commission and you market is in the poor/bad parts of town where I don't feel safe running around in. They have only three carriers and it is only final expense products.

Anybody else out there doing final expense find that this is the demographic that you have the most success in? Pretty much no market for this in my actual town - I'd be traveling. He also said that these leads you don't call first, you just show up in person, no appointment. Again, not something I feel comfortable doing (not to mention cost of gas nowadays).

Just spoke with one of their recruiters. You start out with a 50% commission and you market is in the poor/bad parts of town where I don't feel safe running around in. They have only three carriers and it is only final expense products.

Anybody else out there doing final expense find that this is the demographic that you have the most success in? Pretty much no market for this in my actual town - I'd be traveling. He also said that these leads you don't call first, you just show up in person, no appointment. Again, not something I feel comfortable doing (not to mention cost of gas nowadays).

What you describe seems to be the m.o. for those marketing organizations who focus on final expense.

I am an agent here in Central Florida, and in March of 2007, I seen an ad of theirs on the internet. I think I emailed my resume to the recruiting manager, and got a call from him not too long after that. At the time I was considering quiting my call center job in which I sold individual health policies...I was fed up with my employer!

Well, the recruiter and I probably had over three or four phone conversations before he agreed to set me up with an interview with one of the area managers. During our phone conversations, he kept repeating the same information over and over, such as how selective they are in that they don't "hire everyone", and how great their lead program is, yada, yada, yada.

I met up with the area manager in a Burger King near Haines City, FL, and spent a little over an hour talking about the job. He was a nice guy but a bit of a "character" if you know what I mean.

The one thing I didn't agree with is that they want you to renounce to all your other insurance appointments, even those that don't compete directly with their final expense products.

Well, this area manager and I agreed to meet in Lakeland, FL one morning to run a couple of appointments together. It went fairly well...the manager sold one out of two appointments, and that solidified my decision to go to work for Senior Life Services.

The day after, I spoke with the original hiring manager again on the phone and he told me of the training in Vero Beach. I did express concern about why I should have to drop my health appointments when it had nothing to do with "final expenses". He just plain "laid it out" and told me that without me agreeing to doing this, I couldn't be hired! Well by that time I has already quit my previous job so what could I say?

I finally agreed and told him that I would drop all other insurance company appointments, and go to work for SLS. He was pleased with my reply and even offered to go out on some leads with me the following day, and even split the commissions with me. He also stated that he would be calling me the next morning to agree on a place to meet.

Well, he NEVER called in the morning like he promised! He did call in the early EVENING to tell me that he had second thoughts about hiring me and told me NOT to report to the training that was to start the next week.

Man was I mad! So here I was unemployed because I was counting to go to work for SLS, and all of a sudden, this guy decided to "fire" me before I even started!

So I would say these people do have a history of doing this to others. I'm not surprised at all!

Ed

1/25/2008

I was called by SENIOR LIFE SERVICES regional manager in Tampa and interviewed by his territory manager to sell Final
Expense Insurance. They saw my resume on the web.

I had a funeral that I had to attend in Texas and I left on Saturday. The regional manager called me on the following Tuesday and said he would hire me and that I had to meet him on the following Thursday at 6pm at a panera restaurant close to his house. The following Friday I would go into the field with a manager for training and then on the following Monday I would go to Vero Beach for a training school.

I changed my plans and left Texas four days early so that I could meet him. There was an additional fee for changing my flight.
I hurried home and dressed up. I left 2 hours early so that I would miss the heavy traffic. Minutes before the meeting I called him to tell him I was entering the restaurant. He said they decided not to hire me. I asked why he didn’t call me so that I could stay in Texas and save all the money. He said he saw no reason to call me because I had gone to Texas.:arghh:

What can one do when they are treated this way? Warning others is the only way it seems.:tongue:

My questions is would you be W2 or 1099?

If an agency where I was going to be 1099's (or W2'd without any benefits) told me to drop all my appointments that would have nothing to do with their offerings, I would politely tell them to pound sand.

Latest posts

Back