Senior Life Services

My questions is would you be W2 or 1099?

If an agency where I was going to be 1099's (or W2'd without any benefits) told me to drop all my appointments that would have nothing to do with their offerings, I would politely tell them to pound sand.

Hello,

I'm pretty certain that it was a 1099 position, but can't remember if there were any benefits offered.

I was with Senior Life Services about a year ago and the best thing about it that happened to me was a free trip to Florida!
They promised the world to me and said I was the man for the job just as you all stated earlier. They flew me down to Florida and paid for the flight, hotel , and rental car(no sure it they are doing that now because of all the turnover). They want you to contratc with only a few carriers of theirs and cancel all of your other appointments. They pull the old "bait and switch" with the leads by offering "free" prescription discount cards and such and then you are supposed to bring things up about final expense. When I got back home the leads they gave me were old and no so much in bad areas, but apartment complexes. Thats kinda hard to go cold calling when they won't buzz you in. Their support staff was weak and I ended up never making a dime with them. I understand that one has to work hard in this business and I did drive around quite a bit and did additional cold calling as well, but they stated their leads were the best in the industry. I guess I should have seen through all of that when they initially talked about it. I wouldn't waste your time with them.

Yes, some people are making money, but most of the appointments I have are just interested in the drug card. Also my manager told me that I did not have to tell them I was not cancelling my other HEALTH APPOINTMENTS. When I got to Vero they had the letters prepared to cancel my appointments. I had to sign them. Now I am unemployed except for their 30% of the 50% advance plus they take 20% of your total check for chargebacks.

every time i have come behind these guys I've walked away questioning their business practices.

More than 1 instance of drafting premiums and never having even mailed the person a policy to prove insurance

Another instance recently of them lying on the phone and telling a recent applicant she had been approved when i knew from her health situation she was a decline all the way. I told her dont believe it until you get a policy in the mail. They lied to her 4 weeks in a row again telling her she was approved and the policy had gone out. She never got a policy and finally had to demand her initial premium back after weeks of being lied to.

Reason insurance companies make money is cause so many people in general dont get or lose their policies and death claims arent made-------

Back