Senior Market Segments...?

Mike Siegal

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hi all,

Wanting some input from seasoned pros about segmenting the Senior Market.----Should the senior market be broken down into segments?

I've noticed that there is "a difference" in the 65-70, 70-75, 75-80, 80+ aged Markets. It would seem the younger markets are suitable for a broader range of products than the older folks. (speaking as a newby).

65-70 markets are suited for
  • -Medsups, MAPD
  • -Final Expense
  • -guaranteed investments?
  • -ANNUITIES?
  • -LTC?
70-75
  • -Medsups, MAPD
  • -Final Expense
  • -Investments?
75-80
  • -from what i'm hearing, this group is resistant to change on just about anything???
Anyway, i wanted to start a discussion on this. Its apparent that segments in this market exist and some are more suited to certain products than others. I put Question Marks on those i wasn't sure about...?

• What's your opinion on how i broke this down?
    [*]Which product(s) am i missing for which Market?

...and Thanks for any constructive input you can give.

M

Last edited:
Hi all,

Wanting some input from seasoned pros about segmenting the Senior Market.----Should the senior market be broken down into segments?

I've noticed that there is "a difference" in the 65-70, 70-75, 75-80, 80+ aged Markets. It would seem the younger markets are suitable for a broader range of products than the older folks. (speaking as a newby).

• -Medsups, MAPD
  • -Final Expense
  • -ANNUITIES?
  • -LTC?
70-75
  • -Medsups, MAPD
  • -Final Expense
  • -Investments?
75-80
  • -from what i'm hearing, this group is resistant to change on just about anything???
Anyway, i wanted to start a discussion on this. Its apparent that segments in this market exist and some are more suited to certain products than others. I put Question Marks on those i wasn't sure about...?

M

To a certain extent, this is going to be dependent on the local market you are working. What state(s) are you working/living in?

Hi all,

• -Medsups, MAPD
  • -Final Expense
  • -ANNUITIES?
  • -LTC?
70-75
  • -Medsups, MAPD
  • -Final Expense
  • -Investments?
75-80

M

What of those things can you sell to someone aged 75-85?

If IRS puts life expectancies at 87-92, what service do you provide to someone 75-85 by selling them those things?

I'm in Florida....i see you are too. Where in Florida are you?

I am in Citrus County.

Regardless of what you may read on the forums here, the Florida Market is a totally different creature than most of the country.

If you need contracts and any training, I can help you out with that. Even if you don't a contract, feel free to call me, I can help answer any questions regarding Medicare that you may have.
352-217-1000

I am in Citrus County.

Regardless of what you may read on the forums here, the Florida Market is a totally different creature than most of the country.

If you need contracts and any training, I can help you out with that. Even if you don't a contract, feel free to call me, I can help answer any questions regarding Medicare that you may have.
352-217-1000

I'll 2nd this. David can help you a bunch!

Back