Seniors & Gym Memberships

saintstigers

Guru
100+ Post Club
Louisiana
Never seems to amaze me how important it is for some seniors that their gym is covered by their $0 premium MAPD plan. Talked to a guy today who said for him the #1 thing is that it's $0 premium plan; #2 is that his gym is covered by the mapd plan; after that he's doesn't really care about the other benefits!

My 50 something y-o beach buddy has been telling me how great the massage tables are at Planet Fitness so I will switch myself to AARP HMO only plan for 0 premium and basic gym membership. Still have to upgrade the membership another ten bucks to use the water massage table.
I know i have picked up clients just for Silver Sneakers, can'the say whether they used it.

I have a family member that uses the massage tables at planet fitness after workouts. In our town I think the charge is only $10/mo + some annual fee if you restrict yourself to one location. It would sorta seem like a supplement + those 2 charges could wind up being a cheaper option. (I know the Planet Fitness costs are less than the Y.)

Back