Seniors W Heart Attack History...rate Class?

FRJ

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
IL
Hi, hoping I can get some help from more experienced agents here. I have a "referral" from a captive agent - basically working on very limited information but if it looks like I could help then I can make the contact with the prospect to get the details in order. Male, age 68, heart attack within the last couple of years, non-smoker. Assuming everything else is fairly typical of someone that's had a heart attack, which carrier(s) would be more inclined to offer a $100,000 policy (10 year term) and what kind of health rating might we be looking at?

One of the underwriters that was referred to me was of no help, apparently he can't think outside of the box nor think in terms of averages. I just want to know if it's hard to issue a policy to an older man that had a heart attack in the last couple of years. I don't know if it was within the last six months or not (in case you ask if it was a recent event).

thanks in advance!

Hi, hoping I can get some help from more experienced agents here. I have a "referral" from a captive agent - basically working on very limited information but if it looks like I could help then I can make the contact with the prospect to get the details in order. Male, age 68, heart attack within the last couple of years, non-smoker. Assuming everything else is fairly typical of someone that's had a heart attack, which carrier(s) would be more inclined to offer a $100,000 policy (10 year term) and what kind of health rating might we be looking at?

One of the underwriters that was referred to me was of no help, apparently he can't think outside of the box nor think in terms of averages. I just want to know if it's hard to issue a policy to an older man that had a heart attack in the last couple of years. I don't know if it was within the last six months or not (in case you ask if it was a recent event).

thanks in advance!

Term will most definitely be tough at this age.... If within 2 years I would say a no to term.

Now you will have many options with Whole life policies that offer Simple Issue Plans. 25k-40k will be the max with a single carrier. You may be able to stack a couple policies between carriers.

You will need more specifics on the Heart attack (date) medications taken and any additional diagnosis (Ex: CHF) that may have been a result. Also, look for other followup procedures like a Stent placement or Pacemaker.

Look for other issues, Diabetes, Liver, etc that could also be present.

It is really more about the facts and the dates at this point, so I would start with getting a copy of the app from your captive agent and see what will be needed if in fact that agent tried to write it before handing it off to you.

Everything is going to depend on his actual history, the amount of damage, the followup, stents/bypasses etc.

A good rule of thumb I use is that for each stent and bypass add at least two tables to standard rates. If he smokes forget it. If he's too short (fat), diabetes, HBP, add more.

Three bypasses and everything else decent is about a table 6/F as an example.

thanks in advance!

On the term once you get a sense for the tables, if anything available, you may also want to look at a dialed down UL as your term option.

Latest posts

Back