SEO Catches Up with Videos

How Web Video SEO is Finally Coming of Age

Finally it seems SEO is going to catch up to video posts on your site.

Just my personal feeling but putting short well made videos on a website will hold people's attention longer than a ton of text.

Personally, I would disagree....I hate going to a website and having to watch a video. They're usually a bunch of crap and a waste of time. If I'm looking for something in particular, I can't hit the "find" button with a video.

Depends. My son gets stuck on the New Mario Super Bros finding all the star coins. There's websites that give walk-throughs. All we need to do it read 10 paragraphs of text and we're set. Or....

Last edited by a moderator:
I would agree that Video has its place in relevant markets and is a very effective way to promote certain websites.

No, I dont want to see some cheezy video that some Insurance agent created and posted on YouTube or worse yet on his or her website.

Part of Good "Search Engine Optimization" is making your site "sticky" and having good "engaging content" to keep your vistors on your site.

Part of Googles new ranking system measures the amount of time a person spends on a certain website based on that "Keyword Phrase" So my point, the longer a person stays on a certain site based on the Keyword Phrase will rank higher.

Its all about User Experience.

So how could a Insurance Agent provide video to increase ranking and at the same time provide good education on the keyword Phrase?

Use already Professional created Videos that can be used on your site that help educate your Customer on the relevant Keyword Phrases.

Keyword Phrase: Medicare Benefits - Medicare Information.

Medicare Insurance - Medicare Insurance Information

Average Time spent on this site: 36:14 seconds, Pretty Sticky!!!

Last edited:
I like seeing videos on agents websites.

I believe that more agents should use them and have them on their websitse..

Now what would go on the videos is another question or matter.

IMO, live webcam feeds of the agent, sitting in their home office, in their underwear, making their calls. That'd make for sticky webpages.

Online video is big -- but perhaps not in the insurance industry just yet. I remember seeing a video on Youtube from the 80's that had a chicken in it... that was the only video that motivated me to click on any type of links.

I'm not a big fan of online videos. I think they tend to be overused. I see too many talking head videos on Web sites and while it works to show your customers your personality, it doesn't work well for most web searchers. The only videos I will watch are viral videos that are funny or cool looking. If I'm shopping for a home, I would watch a video tour of the house but I wouldn't watch a video of the agent talking about why I should call them. I do like to watch live streaming videos of conferences and webinars. In the insurance business, I would have a hard time trying to find a reason to have a video on a agents site.

Back