SEO Experts - Fix It Guys

GreenSky

Guru
5000 Post Club
Henderson, NV
Lot of guys posting here about building websites and providing SEO services. So I'll suggest a website that needs fixing.

www.californiamedicareplans.com

This site was LOVED by google a year ago. A well meaning friend used techniques that apparently used to work but caused my site to effectively be destroyed.

Google now hates the site and it appears little can be done to fix this.

I have paid someone many dollars to try to correct the bad link issues and other problems. The site has moved a bit but still is pretty much worthless.

So, for all you SEO guys who are posting on the forum, do you have any suggestions?

I'll go one step further. I'll PAY to have the site fixed but only after it regains page one status for common searches (as it did in the past). What I won't do is "pay me and I'll promise....blah, blah, blah."

Any takers?

Rick

Lot of guys posting here about building websites and providing SEO services. So I'll suggest a website that needs fixing.

This site was LOVED by google a year ago. A well meaning friend used techniques that apparently used to work but caused my site to effectively be destroyed.

I have paid someone many dollars to try to correct the bad link issues and other problems. The site has moved a bit but still is pretty much worthless.

So, for all you SEO guys who are posting on the forum, do you have any suggestions?

I'll go one step further. I'll PAY to have the site fixed but only after it regains page one status for common searches (as it did in the past). What I won't do is "pay me and I'll promise....blah, blah, blah."

Any takers?

Rick

Like a lot of businesses with websites, you probably got hit hard by Google's algorithm changes. Backlinks were probably originally used to make your website rank, and Google devalued those backlinks to a point of where they became worthless. Your website rankings dropped accordingly.

Yours might be a case of a website having such a "bad reputation" that almost nothing can be done. This happened to many people.

The stupid part of it is that Google wants you to believe that your website was "punished" because of backlinks, etc. and that website search results will improve because of their (never ending) algorithm changes.

The reality of it is that

- Google wants to dominate as much of the first page of search results as it can to make more money for its stockholders.

- Google earch results are just plain crappy now, the worst they've ever been

- Google's modified their algorithm so many times that even THEY don't quite know what their tweaking will do

- Google wants you to no longer rely on appearing on the first page of search results organically -- they want you to instead pay them for their pay-per-click advertising.

You will see that I sell live transfer leads. One of the main reasons I have been going in this direction after 17 years is because Google has screwed everything up so much that most true SEO professionals aren't absolutely sure WHAT to do when it comes to marketing a website. The areas are very tricky these days, you have to be extra careful.

One thing you might want to do is use Google Webmaster Tools to see if you can pinpoint what's hurting your website rankings.

On the plus side, it doesn't look like it was bad enough to get you deindexed.

This would be interesting to follow if anyone takes the offer.

From everything Im reading it seems that well written quality content is becoming more and more relevant to the search results.

Unfortunately for the seo/web guys this makes life hard on them. A knowledgeable agent can create a lot better content than a computer guy. That also translates over to other industries. An architect can write a much more informed article about architecture than a web design guy.

This is also a double edged sword. Because it requires more time from the agent.

I have seen seo guys offer to take a small fee at first, and then if they get you to page one or two on google you pay a larger fee.

Any takers?

Rick

Quick question, is the content written by you or taken from some other site offering the same services ?

Also I think he might have been spamming backlinks and google caught on with.

Last edited:
Quick question, is the content written by you or taken from some other site offering the same services ?

Also I think he might have been spamming backlinks and google caught on with.

It's my content.

And yes, it's the spammy backlinks. I didn't do the linking.

Rick

It's my content.

And yes, it's the spammy backlinks. I didn't do the linking.

Rick

That can be a problem, since your site is now marked. I think it will be very difficult, if possible to get it back up in the top10.

Maybe someone here has done something like that before...

Alright, I will take on this project and see what I can do.
Send me your client list so I can get started.

Back