SEOBook.com

Hollywood

Expert
This thread is intended to discuss experience using SEOBook.com.

From what I can tell so far, it looks like they position to strike a balance between complete 'do it yourself' and hiring an SEO consultant.

yea if u have a state specific domain stop writing content, just build more links and build more links, buy another domain, write 1 or 2 good articles for the homepage, and build links.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
#1 for cheap health insurance

Find the :: BEST CHEAP HEALTH INSURANCE PLANS :: all in one place!

------------------------------------------------------

1,5,6,7,8,10 are all 1 page "spam sites".

Last edited:

Actually, that site (I assume) doesn't rank in the top three for anything worthwhile.

You have to write good stuff (grammar included!). But no doubt,there are exceptions.
Is this the site with all of the foreign links?

yea if u have a state specific domain stop writing content, just build more links and build more links, buy another domain, write 1 or 2 good articles for the homepage, and build links.
#1 for cheap health insurance

Find the :: BEST CHEAP HEALTH INSURANCE PLANS :: all in one place!

------------------------------------------------------

1,5,6,7,8,10 are all 1 page "spam sites".

Last edited:
$300/month!?!

I think Chumps and Dan Williams (1man show) are great examples of what happens if you steadily work at adding quality content. Chumps is lightyears ahead of Dan, but the both have old sites they've added content to over time and it's working well for both of them (again, much more so with Chumps). There are a few others on here in similar situations.

If you want to get traffic to your site, you probably want to pay someone like Brook or myself (plenty of other folks that can help too) to get you pointed in the right direction. The reason why I suggest that is because there are tools that are required to do a decent job at SEO that would cost a fortune to get started and on top of that you'd have to learn to use them. Not saying it isn't worth it or that you shouldn't go after it on your own, but you can put a lot of what they'll teach you in a DIY type course into action and do it well only to realize the results you wanted aren't there and it was preventable because you did the equivalent of building a farm on a driveway.

If you don't mind my asking, what is your goal with SEO? Get a few extra leads? Half your marketing? Stop prospecting?

My goal would be to generate leads.

'Get a few extra leads? Half your marketing? Stop prospecting?' These all sound somewhat similar.

My goal would be to generate leads.

'Get a few extra leads? Half your marketing? Stop prospecting?' These all sound somewhat similar.

Drastically different.

Some folks (realistically) setup a website to pick up a few extra leads.

Half of your marketing plan being SEO is a lot more work and you're expecting more results.

If you plan on not needing to prospect anymore, you're going to need a LOT more than a guide (no matter how thorough) and you're going to either be licensed in at least half a dozen states or switch to being more of an online marketer and occasional insurance agent vs actively selling.

Doing SEO is a lot like selling insurance in the sense that if you do it part-time, you can reasonably expect to get very poor results.

Just my two cents.

'Some folks (realistically) setup a website to pick up a few extra leads' is the goal for me.' is the most realistic start for sure. I imagine if someone is budgeting to an SEO service, they want to see break even in a reasonable time.

'Some folks (realistically) setup a website to pick up a few extra leads' is the goal for me.' is the most realistic start for sure. I imagine if someone is budgeting to an SEO service, they want to see break even in a reasonable time.

Some folks have less reasonable expectations than what you have.

At $300/month it can get tough, especially because you really have to be doing stuff to your site consistently to start seeing results. I've done a few sites for folks for $300-$500 to build the site out and then much less than that on a monthly basis to keep giving it attention. I make more money on what I'm doing myself (search for sales genie like around 6k people a month do and I'm on page one), but it's fun and I already have made the investment in a lot of the tools to do it right, so it's relatively easy money for something that's not competing directly with me.

Crazy stuff man, crazy stuff.

Back