SEP Missed, Exception Granted or Not?

plannerman

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Met with a couple who lost group coverage June 1 yesterday. They wanted mapd but of course the SEP period had expired. The only advice I had was to call Medicare and plead their case. Have any of you ever heard of an exception being granted? I assume I am out of the picture either way but thought I would ask for future reference.

Met with a couple who lost group coverage June 1 yesterday. They wanted mapd but of course the SEP period had expired. The only advice I had was to call Medicare and plead their case. Have any of you ever heard of an exception being granted? I assume I am out of the picture either way but thought I would ask for future reference.

From AHIP....Ends 2 months after the month the employer or union-sponsored coverage ends.
What month did coverage end?
I would still help them call Medicare and ask for exception for some reason. Not being advised correctly by the employee plan. Or some agent told them.....etc.

Looks like the cov ending end of may 31st its past due. There are times medicare would grant an exception but I doubt they would in this case, usually due to misinfo but unless they didn't know they lost cov, and even then it would be a shot in the dark.

why did they wait?

Looks like the cov ending end of may 31st its past due. There are times medicare would grant an exception but I doubt they would in this case, usually due to misinfo but unless they didn't know they lost cov, and even then it would be a shot in the dark. why did they wait?

The usual...just did not think it was important at the time.

Latest posts

Back