Series 6/63 S106 CE

CaNewAgent

Expert
I have 20 days to prepare to take the S106 exam for my Series 6 and 63 in Ca. Does anyone have any feedback regarding how difficult this test is when compared to the original Series exams and how much studying is required?

Thank you.

The Regulatory Element requires all registered persons to participate in a prescribed computer-based training session within 120 calendar days of their second registration anniversary date and every three years thereafter. The Regulatory Element is designed to cover significant subject matter that is broadly applicable to all registered persons.

Unless otherwise specified, the topics are covered at basic levels of
knowledge and understanding.

Firm element and regulatory element training is very basic. I remember laughing during my session because they showed skits outlining the most ridiculous scenarios and gave a "quiz" with the most obvious choice pointed out.

I think I remember seeing a firm element video showing a client forging her husband's signature in order to take advantage of a great interest rate on a fixed annuity, but the rate was going to expire soon and the husband was out of the country. It got to a point where the client left the room, forged her husband's signature and turned in the transfer forms to the broker for processing.

Don't spent a second thinking about studying for this. If you passed your exams, you'll cringe at how easy this crap is.

----------

While this is for the S101 CE, you can get the idea with this video from STC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgL-oxi91qw

Firm element and regulatory element training is very basic. I remember laughing during my session because they showed skits outlining the most ridiculous scenarios and gave a "quiz" with the most obvious choice pointed out.

I think I remember seeing a firm element video showing a client forging her husband's signature in order to take advantage of a great interest rate on a fixed annuity, but the rate was going to expire soon and the husband was out of the country. It got to a point where the client left the room, forged her husband's signature and turned in the transfer forms to the broker for processing.

Don't spent a second thinking about studying for this. If you passed your exams, you'll cringe at how easy this crap is.

----------

While this is for the S101 CE, you can get the idea with this video from STC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgL-oxi91qw

I just realized this is not an exam simply a 3 hour training exercise. Thanks for the info.

Back