Setting up a home based (tel) term life bus

tom

I have had some bad experiences with some life insurances companies, mainly the "leads" are either non-existent or about the quality one would find CC from the phone book. I have 20 years of sales experience, am licensed in California, but have no experience in life insurance. It occurred to me the getting appointed with a number of carriers or going with some agency, as an independent contractor might be viable. I have a home office and could buy leads. My question is: there is so much misinformation out there it is hard to know who to deal with. Does anybody have financially successful track record dealing with a brokerage or insurance agency and buying viable leads. Thanks, Tom

I can't help you as far as finding life leads. In general, I think selling just term insurance is a tough life to lead unless your doing major volume. Unless your planting the seed for conversions down the road. Prospecting is like any other business, see the people. As far as leads, I don't think you'll find much quality there.

Well, this will crack you up. Ever see the "Real Housewives of Orange County?" That show was TOO much!!!

Vicki has her own book available. I wonder whether it's worth it, but take a look:

VickiGunvalson.com: Buy Now!

HaHa, I came across this when the lady and I were watching an episode. Yes, I was forced to watch the show. Has anybody bought the product?

HaHa, I came across this when the lady and I were watching an episode. Yes, I was forced to watch the show. Has anybody bought the product?

A friend of mine bought it and took some ideas from it. I borrowed it for a few days because I was curious how such a hot housewife became a successful independent agent. It's a good book if you're just getting started. Has templates and phone scripts, follow up emails for autorespnders etc. (Actually really good stuff, I photocopied some of the scripts/email scripts)

Basically, she just runs the numbers for you. Refers you to lead sources that sell EXCLUSIVE leads and goes over ROI if you put her system in place. I think it's a must have if you are SOLELY selling term life over the phone. She really just lays it out for you.

To sell life insurance that way you need a few things.

Lots of leads.

A fast dialing finger.

Website with quote engine.

The ability to do online apps or, at the very least, faxable apps.

Here are a few links to review. Not an endorsement, just something to view and decide.

http://www.onlyfinancialgroup.com/ezine_1-05.html

Are You Being Ripped-Off? Marketing and Sales Article For Financial Advisors and Insurance Agents

Insurance Leads and Prospects for Agents: March 2007

Of course don't overlook Dean Cipriano, the guy who started all this.

Dean Cipriano Dean Cipriano Dean Cipriano

Dean Cipriano

"Exposed!".(Dean Cipriano) - Journal, Magazine, Article, Periodical

Life Insurance Leads | Annuity Leads | Million Dollar Leads

I have had some bad experiences with some life insurances companies, mainly the "leads" are either non-existent or about the quality one would find CC from the phone book. I have 20 years of sales experience, am licensed in California, but have no experience in life insurance. It occurred to me the getting appointed with a number of carriers or going with some agency, as an independent contractor might be viable. I have a home office and could buy leads. My question is: there is so much misinformation out there it is hard to know who to deal with. Does anybody have financially successful track record dealing with a brokerage or insurance agency and buying viable leads. Thanks, Tom

My thoughts would be that if you are serious about doing that, you will need to generate your own leads. Design or steal a direct mail piece for term life and work with a local print/mail shop to send X amount a week. Keep testing until you get it right.

I would think you will need to spend a couple thousand per week to keep you in enough leads to work. You just need to find the sweet spot of how much to spend to make your expenses back plus profit. If you could spend 3 and make 1 you would be earning $50,000 per year so if you spend 6 would that have you earning $100,000 or just swamped and overworked?

These aren't real numbers, this is just the type of thought process I would approach the problem with.

A friend of mine bought it and took some ideas from it. I borrowed it for a few days because I was curious how such a hot housewife became a successful independent agent. It's a good book if you're just getting started. Has templates and phone scripts, follow up emails for autorespnders etc. (Actually really good stuff, I photocopied some of the scripts/email scripts)

Basically, she just runs the numbers for you. Refers you to lead sources that sell EXCLUSIVE leads and goes over ROI if you put her system in place. I think it's a must have if you are SOLELY selling term life over the phone. She really just lays it out for you.

Okay so I got lost. A year or so ago, Vicki was trying to establish her own agency and recruit agents underneath her. Now she's selling an instruction manual? Are you saying it's a good manual? What about the lead sources?

And gosh, Dean Cipriano??? AARGHH!!!! At least he didn't pull a Larry Klein on anyone (that I know of).

Back