Setting Up a Home Office

GAHEALTH

Guru
100+ Post Club
Might be a little off topic, but.....For those that have home offices - what are you doing for business phone service? Vonage small business? What about fax line/800#? If you are using an IP phone vs. dedicated land lines - how is it working for you? I don't want to spend a ton of money on phone service, but want to be found in the yellow page/white page directory listings and am not sure it can be done with a Vonage type of phone service.

Comments?

In my case, I'm using a regional phone company that provides multi-lines, DSL and an 800 number together with packaged long distance minutes that also apply to the 800 number -so the 800 number is, in effect, free since I never run over the minute allowance. This is all picked up by AT&T in the Yellow Pages without further charge. Of course, any additional Yellow Page advertising like a display ad, would be additional.

You have to shop around and compare the rates and services that are available. Most of the good deals are going to require a 2 year contract, so make sure you are committed to making your business work.

I use Google Voice as my number. I don't have a current need for a toll free number, as I only market in my home state.

For a phone I use a blackberry.

I've been using E-Fax, the free version. Which I'm going to replace with RingCentral this month.

I use Google Voice as my number. I don't have a current need for a toll free number, as I only market in my home state.

My state has multiple area codes and even within the same area code it is a long distance call if my clients want to call me. What state do you live in that it isn't a LD to call for your clients to call you from anywhere in the state?

We have an 800 number, but most people call the local number on their cell phone instead. They like the "local" feel.

I use Google voice now with my cell. I had Comcast phone but the quality has gone down substantially and I'm about to cancel.

I also have Ring Central's soft phone for a toll free number and to record client presentations.

I also use google voice and am pleased with it and all of it's features. For example, If I get a call while I am on the road and need to get some info -rather then pull off to the side of the road- I can record it on the fly by hitting 4 to start then 4 to end.

Back