Setting Up Business Reply Mail

Wino is correct...depending on where you live they may route you to a regional office to get you to the person how sets up the BRM.

Yeah the guy set it up but now I can't get it into the publisher mail piece because it was sent in .eps format.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I am designing and doing my own postcard reply mail piece.

Last edited:
Don't know squat about eps other than you probably need to have someone lay it out that has the right graphics program to read it.

I would think if you're designing your own mail piece then yes you'll either do it yourself if you have the ability to run design software or pay someone to lay it out.

Any reason you want to mail it yourself vs. farming that out to a mailhouse? In my experience it was never worth the hassle. The custom mail pieces and having the reply come back to you at your post office I see but not doing the actual mailing, drove us nuts when we did it for awhile.

Not familiar with what mail house to go too. I have had challenges getting mail pieces out. It's taken up to 1 week after I picked the mail piece, gave card number, etc. I could print up and have 1000 sitting at bulk mail drop in 24 hours. Just got frustrated with it taking me 3-4 weeks to get replies

Yeah the guy set it up but now I can't get it into the publisher mail piece because it was sent in .eps format.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I am designing and doing my own postcard reply mail piece.

I believe .eps is adobe. You might want to hire a graphic designer who uses Adobe Illustrator.

Corel Draw should also work. Or try importing into word, or quark, or.... You won't be able to open it with Publisher, but try importing it.

Any reason you want to mail it yourself vs. farming that out to a mailhouse? In my experience it was never worth the hassle. The custom mail pieces and having the reply come back to you at your post office I see but not doing the actual mailing, drove us nuts when we did it for awhile.

We do that also. For us there's 2 reasons. First is in very large quantities, it is cheaper to do in house. Mailing 6-9k each month. Second reason is we're ultimately held responsible for the contents of our mailers by the compliance departments of whomever we eventually sell, even though mailers are generic, and CMS. If we find some aspect of the mailer runs too close to falling outside of marketing guidelines, it is very easy and costs almost nothing to fix. Not so if we have a mail house do it.

Hunt,
When we had our BRC side created by USPS, they offered to convert their design to any other format we wished: pdf or jpeg is what I seem to remember, but that was a couple years ago.

Latest posts

Back