Settlers 2018 Changes

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
Among other things, Settlers says they will have a premium change the first of the year.. Up or Down? Know anything about the other changes such as lowering the bonus threshold to $2K per month? Also claim they are going to shorten the interview for the express app..

I have yet to see carrier noticeably lower rates with any of these kind of announcements. They would be a great company if there UW wasn’t as strict.

I have yet to see carrier noticeably lower rates with any of these kind of announcements. They would be a great company if there UW wasn’t as strict.
The only thing they said about underwriting was they are going to real the Gold height and weight requirements.

Americo raised and lowered depending on age some rates for UP. Has anyone had a rate decrease in the last 12 months? RNA, Gerber, Aetna, all increases I can recall.

Americo raised and lowered depending on age some rates for UP. Has anyone had a rate decrease in the last 12 months? RNA, Gerber, Aetna, all increases I can recall.

KSKJ had a rate decrease on some ages in Sept. But they had a rate increase on some ages too. So it was about a wash.

JMO, the days of across the board rate decreases are over. There is nothing to support it. You might see a company reprice a product that was mispriced, but that will be about it.

There is no evidence to suggest improved mortality as a whole, much less in the FE market.
Low coupon rate T-bills are about to start maturing. The Fed slashed interest rates about 9 years ago. Even for 30 year T-bonds, they are up to 1987 now. The yield on those has only been decreasing as the oldest ones mature.

Again, just my opinion and something could happen to make me completely wrong.

The only way I see any rate decreases is by tightening underwriting, reducing expenses or a company willing to accept a lower margin on the book of business.

They also said they were relaxing insulin in silver. My guess is it will go to an over 50 units and before age 40
Saw where they were relaxing the Ht. and WT. guidelines for insulin diabetics in the Silver Plan but haven't seen anything indicating they were relaxing the insulin requirements.

What chronic conditions do they actually take? I can’t find the middle ground with them.

Back