Settlers Child/Grandchild Benefit

noah

Guru
1000 Post Club
For those of you who write Settlers,how do you like this free policy benefit ?

For those who don't write with Settlers, why wouldn't you want to offer this free benefit to your clients ?

Sent from the FE Universe

For those of you who write Settlers,how do you like this free policy benefit ? For those who don't write with Settlers, why wouldn't you want to offer this free benefit to your clients ? Sent from the FE Universe

I love it. But be careful overselling it prior to approval. Hard to recover from that.

I learned that lesson when Forethought had it.

For those who don't write with Settlers, why wouldn't you want to offer this free benefit to your clients ?

Sounds like it may be a good thing. If only it didn't have a settlers policy attached to it.

Because it's still with Settlers.

"Free" doesn't mean much when you are overpaying for coverage to begin with.

1. Its Settlers

2. They like to do follow ups a lot. Had one on a 3K policy, they approved it but still.

3. They want to do an enhanced POS on every app, Ok. Call at 5pm local time no answer, call back 30 minutes later still no answer. Called back the next day, oh we only have 2 phone interviewers working at that time. Ok, took them out of my book, and I wanted to send them business to. Have good renewals with them. Oh well!

I love it. But be careful overselling it prior to approval. Hard to recover from that.

I learned that lesson when Forethought had it.

I just kind of touch on it after asking preliminary health questions,choosing them as the right company.

I go over it in detail on the button up.

What are your feelings about their Benchmark Bonus ?

I know you are on the Partner Advisory Board,did you come up with these additions for Settlers ?

I just kind of touch on it after asking preliminary health questions,choosing them as the right company. I go over it in detail on the button up. What are your feelings about their Benchmark Bonus ? I know you are on the Partner Advisory Board,did you come up with these additions for Settlers ?

The advisory board is a group of agents and IMOs that is helping Settlers with some positive changes. They will change up the members after the convention at Hilton Head next week. It has been a good experience.

Steve Bontell and Rob Thiel are the drivers that will keep improving Settlers. Steve brought the child/grandchild idea with him from ForeThought. It's a great tool that adds a lot of value in the applicant's mind without a huge cost to the company. They know they still have work to do. Their POI interview is still their biggest hurdle. Settlers is a very conservative company and they don't change quickly.

What's not to like about the benchmark bonus? It's free money. No one has turned it down yet that I'm aware of.

Maybe you should form your own FE company, at this time. You would get a lot agents writing for that company. Just might end up as another "Jack Londen".

I'm not a company man so it would be impossible for me to run a company.

Nor do companies ask agents like me to be on their advisory board or tribal council or whatever they call it.

Back