Settlers System Problems

Sep 29, 2017

1. rousemark

rousemark Still Here!

State:
    Tennessee
    Once again Settlers is having problems with their computer system... Seems to be a regular occurrence with them.

2. Thedude

Thedude Guru

Did they try unplugging it and plugging it back in?

3. jdeasy

jdeasy Guru

State:
    Kentucky
    Settlers and problems.

What a redundancy!!

4. mudhound

mudhound Guru

State:
    Tennessee
    LOL! I see this too. They have this mouse that runs in this wheel.

5. Matthew King

Matthew King Guru

State:
    Virginia
    I wonder if they've upgraded to windows 95 :biggrin:

6. shonceman

shonceman Guru

State:
    Texas
    Funny! But seriously, I know a small insurance company that still runs their systems on something called IDE. It's a closely held, mainly family owned, company. The president, who is the founder's son, actually has a computer science degree, and is extremely sensitive about system security. He says it's a cumbersome system, but practically invulnerable to hacking. Unfortunately, that means if you need to pull up client records - you don't! You have to call the home office during business hours. Settlers Life has its issues, but it's one of the most agent friendly websites of all the companies, IMO.

7. VolAgent

VolAgent Guru

State:
    Tennessee
    I seriously doubt it is run on IDE, that generally refers to the environment in which software was developed. I can't imagine any software developer calling their program that as it would confuse everyone. It would end up like the "Whose on First" skit.

But sounds like it is some old school, proprietary software that the company uses. I am curious, which company is it?

8. shonceman

shonceman Guru

State:
    Texas
    I'm not a computer guy at all. But when visiting the home office I've seen them still using the function keys, so I know it's an older system, although it seems to be state of the art in other ways. As far as which company, I have this gut feeling that I shouldn't say who. (I know, sounds weird, but I've learned the hard way to pay attention to inner promptings!) But it's a pretty small company that only operates in 5-6 states, mostly offered through small funeral homes. I doubt they have as many as 100 agents total.

9. VolAgent

VolAgent Guru

State:
    Tennessee
    I can definitely respect that. I like smaller companies in general. Usually they are easier to reach, seem to care more and are easier to work with and handle issues when they arise.

shonceman likes this.
  10. Matthew King

Matthew King Guru

State:
    Virginia
    I've been down there twice now in the office with them. They are extremely caring and it is a great environment to be in. Really down to earth people!