Settlers System Problems

I wonder if they've upgraded to windows 95 :biggrin:

Funny! But seriously, I know a small insurance company that still runs their systems on something called IDE. It's a closely held, mainly family owned, company. The president, who is the founder's son, actually has a computer science degree, and is extremely sensitive about system security. He says it's a cumbersome system, but practically invulnerable to hacking. Unfortunately, that means if you need to pull up client records - you don't! You have to call the home office during business hours. Settlers Life has its issues, but it's one of the most agent friendly websites of all the companies, IMO.

Funny! But seriously, I know a small insurance company that still runs their systems on something called IDE. It's a closely held, mainly family owned, company. The president, who is the founder's son, actually has a computer science degree, and is extremely sensitive about system security. He says it's a cumbersome system, but practically invulnerable to hacking. Unfortunately, that means if you need to pull up client records - you don't! You have to call the home office during business hours. Settlers Life has its issues, but it's one of the most agent friendly websites of all the companies, IMO.

I seriously doubt it is run on IDE, that generally refers to the environment in which software was developed. I can't imagine any software developer calling their program that as it would confuse everyone. It would end up like the "Whose on First" skit.

But sounds like it is some old school, proprietary software that the company uses. I am curious, which company is it?

I seriously doubt it is run on IDE, that generally refers to the environment in which software was developed. I can't imagine any software developer calling their program that as it would confuse everyone. It would end up like the "Whose on First" skit.

But sounds like it is some old school, proprietary software that the company uses. I am curious, which company is it?
I'm not a computer guy at all. But when visiting the home office I've seen them still using the function keys, so I know it's an older system, although it seems to be state of the art in other ways. As far as which company, I have this gut feeling that I shouldn't say who. (I know, sounds weird, but I've learned the hard way to pay attention to inner promptings!) But it's a pretty small company that only operates in 5-6 states, mostly offered through small funeral homes. I doubt they have as many as 100 agents total.

I'm not a computer guy at all. But when visiting the home office I've seen them still using the function keys, so I know it's an older system, although it seems to be state of the art in other ways. As far as which company, I have this gut feeling that I shouldn't say who. (I know, sounds weird, but I've learned the hard way to pay attention to inner promptings!) But it's a pretty small company that only operates in 5-6 states, mostly offered through small funeral homes. I doubt they have as many as 100 agents total.

I can definitely respect that. I like smaller companies in general. Usually they are easier to reach, seem to care more and are easier to work with and handle issues when they arise.

I've been down there twice now in the office with them. They are extremely caring and it is a great environment to be in. Really down to earth people!

Latest posts

Back