Settling in the USA as a permanent resident + travel insurance

tomsoff

Hello,

I am struggling to find suitable insurance and wondered if anybody might be able to help?

My wife and I both hold Australian and British citizenship. We have just been granted permanent residency visas for the USA so we are moving from Australia to the USA.

We plan to travel South America for a couple of months and then go the US to look for jobs. We want to have insurance for our travels but also for an extra couple of months once we arrive in the USA, before we have jobs. Once we are in the USA, we would like to be able to go to the doctor as normal for non-emergencies without having to buy expensive monthly cover.

Can anyone recommend an insurer that would cover this? (and does not require us to be returning to Australia).

Is it better to get one policy for the whole thing or should we buy travel + an expat policy to cover the first couple of months in the USA?

Thank you!

Hello,

I am struggling to find suitable insurance and wondered if anybody might be able to help?

My wife and I both hold Australian and British citizenship. We have just been granted permanent residency visas for the USA so we are moving from Australia to the USA.

We plan to travel South America for a couple of months and then go the US to look for jobs. We want to have insurance for our travels but also for an extra couple of months once we arrive in the USA, before we have jobs. Once we are in the USA, we would like to be able to go to the doctor as normal for non-emergencies without having to buy expensive monthly cover.

Can anyone recommend an insurer that would cover this? (and does not require us to be returning to Australia).

Is it better to get one policy for the whole thing or should we buy travel + an expat policy to cover the first couple of months in the USA?

Thank you!
Take a look here: https://highincomeprotection.com/wp.../International-Major-Medical-10-01-2018-1.pdf.

If this works for you, reach out to me via PM or just through the "contact us" section on my site (https://highincomeprotection.com) and I can send you a link to apply.

You'll likely have to buy separate policies. The one I linked is for when you come to the US.

Hello,

Thank you!

I can actually help you with that. Give me a call 1-888-630-3826 or go to Health Insurance Today - Insurance For Your Needs On Your Budget! and get a quote. That will send an email to me.

Back