SF Agency Owner Program

Camerond

I've seen some information about this and am curious if someone can direct me to a recent agent who discusses this.

I am looking to transition out of another sales position into a SF Agency Owner program and I'm curious if I will have the opportunity to earn what I need to earn during this program. Also, what do I need to do in order to earn the $50,000 I'm earning now?

If you're willing to spend a year in their interview:hire process, put up $100K+ of your own money, and sweat your balls off in an agency (for probably another year) whose book will get split up amongst existing SF agents when he/she retires or leaves.....yeah, go for it. You'll likely be selling more L&H/Financial products to reach $50K, than P&C. Just my experience, and L&H may be your thing.

I bet most that would talk, will say stay away.

Go Independent. Get a job as a producer with an Indy and go from there.

I highly recommend taking a look at the area you want to be in. What is the average age and experience of State Farm agents there? If they all tend older and with years of experience, that should be a red flag. If you can't find ANY agents from about 3-10 years of experience, that is a huge, glaring, flashing warning sign.

State Farm is always recruiting new agents. However, if they are unable to keep them beyond a few years, once bonuses dial down and expectations and expenses increase, then that should tell you all you need to know.

Don't tell yourself you are special. Everyone entering the program is "special". Traditionally State Farm has been able to be quite selective on who they allow to start an agency. They all weren't bad agents and bad business people.

Back