Shady American Amicable One Life agent...

I did correct the product part, however reports from this person's dealings with clients and agents (another client that I just met) does reflect this person as a dirt bag. He is lying to people about other things to get the sale and also not sending in the proper replacement forms, having the client fill out a request to cancel letter and sending to the carrier himself without the other policy even being approved and issued. That is unethical and non-compliant.

Thank you for clarifying. I am aware of many agents who send the client’s cancellation request letter for them, HOWEVER, they always complete the proper replacement form(s) and they don’t send the cancellation request for the policy being replaced until the new application for coverage has been approved.

I find it curious that this agent isn’t competing the replacement forms. If he replaced your Foresters non-med term policies with Am-Am Term Made Simple, I can see no reason for him to hide the fact that he was replacing them.

Oh, I just thought of one. Maybe he is contracted with Foresters, too.

I think the title of this thread is unwarranted. One Life doesn't encourage agents to unethically replace. This is just an unethical agent who happens to be under One Life.

Thank you for clarifying. I am aware of many agents who send the client’s cancellation request letter for them, HOWEVER, they always complete the proper replacement form(s) and they don’t send the cancellation request for the policy being replaced until the new application for coverage has been approved.

I find it curious that this agent isn’t competing the replacement forms. If he replaced your Foresters non-med term policies with Am-Am Term Made Simple, I can see no reason for him to hide the fact that he was replacing them.

Oh, I just thought of one. Maybe he is contracted with Foresters, too.
He is...

How do you know if he's filling out replacement forms or not?

Foresters notifies the servicing agent when they receive a replacement form on a policy. The email notification specifically states “Foresters is informing you that a request for Replacement Notification has been received on this certificate.“

Back