Shelter Insurance agent

maxdog

I'm new to the forum and posted this question but I think I posted it in the wrong venue (Introduction area).
I'm looking for any feedback from Shelter Insurance agents or potential agents on whether or not this is a worthwhile opportunity. I have a background in Commercial P&C but little or no personal lines experience. This is a concern since it seems like Shelter (like most captive agents) make their money off of personal lines business.
Please let me know if you have any information on Shelter and Happy New Year!

No experience with shelter, but with a background in commercial I think I would be looking at Nationwide (ALLIED) for a place to start. They are usually pretty competetive in the commercial area.

I worked for them for years a lot of years ago. They are a good company but, like many mutual midwestern companies they are very conservative. Whether you write business or not will depend on what state your in as you will be captive and have only one place to go with business. They take good care of thier pet states. MO, AR mostly. At least that was the way it was 10 years ago.

Back