shifting to health

nobody

hello Everybody ,
I sell life since 2003 ..but I want to shift to health ...any ideas where I can start?
any ideas for leads or GA ?...oh I'm at california,LA .that is why I 'm trying to jump out the life business ...
thank you

individual and family plans mainly..thank you for relplying .
do you know a good E&O company too,since i didn't carry E&O when i sold life ?

:Dyou know ,everybody started with me when I went to insurance school is in the health business now ,they suffered in the begining but let me put it this way they have residual income worth about my whole production in last year ....high 5 figuers..
in california ,if you are not selling final expenses policies you are not going to make it .
between bad leads & not
intrestes my overhead expenses way up .
so I thought about seeing what is in the health /
but it is compo between runing away from life business and looking to the health business at the same time.:twitchy::goofy:

Why not sell both. Once you help people with saving money on their health premiums without giving up benefits...you have already built trust. Why not tell them your passion is health, but you specialize in life?

Why not sell both.
Simple Up-Selling.
Play with the human psychology!
Whenever the trial-close question has been asked..& your prospect acknowledges..don't waste anymore time!
Simply..pop up the question of Life..
Heard the famous saying.."Hit it hard..when the iron is hot!" ???
May be 2 would get finely tuned in causing you to save a lot of time!
Regards,
Jeff

Are you running TO the health business, or running AWAY from the life business?

Interesting question. A lot of agents in my area (Northern CA) are walking (not running) away from health because our five major carriers ( Both blues, Aetna, Kaiser, and HealthNet) have tightened up on UW and don't want to take much (ie. older) risk these days. They want the 30 year old woman all done with maternity who will take a HDHP-HSA.

The only agents I know out here who do $100K or more are those who sell group. (That does not mean there aren't any... I just don't know them!)

You want to get more into health, and I want to get into life and annuity and DI products. I'm just tired of taking apps only to have them denied by the health carriers for trivial reasons.

My suggestion is that you do group or the senior market and try to stay away from anything that has to go through UW. However, as always YMMV.

Al

Simple Up-Selling.
Play with the human psychology!
Whenever the trial-close question has been asked..& your prospect acknowledges..don't waste anymore time!
Simply..pop up the question of Life..
Heard the famous saying.."Hit it hard..when the iron is hot!" ???
May be 2 would get finely tuned in causing you to save a lot of time!

Boy, I can't tell you how I hate to read sh*t like this.

Lemme give you a clue. True professional advisors DO NOT "upsell", "play with human psychology", or "trial-close". As a matter of fact, they don't "close" at all. It's automatic.

That manipulative Zig Ziglar sellin' pots and pans door-to-door crap is OUT (not to mention not effective), in case you haven't heard...

My advice would be to go back to "sales". McDonald's would be better suited to your abilities. "Upsell" is a big deal there - "would you like to super size that for forty-nine cents extra?"

Back