shifting to health

OK,here we go again ,the last 2 days calling on those insurance companies offerring E&O policy ...WAWOOOOOOOOO...
the min premieum is 1,200 ...
dose any body has any recommendation for E&O and commercial brokerage to sell small group health?
:arghh:

Yikes! Both Blue Cross (Anthem) and Blue Shield offer E&O to contracted agents. I have $1M Blue Cross I think it runs about $450 a year.

PM me if you need more information on IFP/SMG and other stuff including E&O in California.

If you can't PM yet, my web site is below with my email address so you can e-mail me as well. Be sure to put "Insurance forum" in the subject line so I don't confuse it with spam.

Last edited:
Dear MoonlightandMargaritas,
1)
McDonald's would be better suited to your abilities.
I believe the reply was put right up there-
They have a really high closing ratio too.
2)
True professional advisors DO NOT "upsell", "play with human psychology", or "trial-close". As a matter of fact, they don't "close" at all. It's automatic.
They don't close...may be becoz they don't need to...if your brand name is so powerful..I see no reason why you'd need to!!!

How about opening a big-mouth upon a new brand & watch what gets in! :)

Well, as of Tampa Bay..I think its a nice place to be in...could you tell us more about it?? :)

Regards,
Jeff

Last edited:
Unless CA is different, you don't need these to sell health in other states.

The 6/63 comment was in reference to selling 401K's. Definitely not needed for health, even in California.

Yes, CA is different, in all too many ways!!!!

Dan

"Yes, CA is different, in all too many ways!!!!"by The GURU

well ....california is way different Dan ,in evrything ....even in (names)..

any way thank you all for the help ,thank you again Dan ...

Assurant has a reasonably priced E&o coverage. Learn the health business before you jump in, life is a natural follow up as well as disability. Put the client first, work you butt off to do the best job, success will follow.

thank you Bluemarilne,
i finally got E&O with blue cross ,now my question is can i contract with anther provider using the same E&O .meaning that E&O with b.c is not exclusive ?

thank you Dave
now my second question is ,is it true that BC will underwrite a case for 2 monthes?
is that true ,Iheared alot of horriable stories about how bad is Bc ..
is that true or false..
thank you DAVE

Not usually, but it depends. Sometimes APS goes unanswered for a long period of time or requires multiple requests.

Because Blue Cross offers so many rating levels, a straight up decline is hard to get there than the other carriers, so that can extend the underwriting time.

My experience, no APS 48-72 hours. APS requested, waiting for doctor Smith to let WFI come and and do the records - could take some weeks if office is slow. I have heard that some doctors offices are trained to throw away the first APS request.

Right now they are the carrier to write. Very loose underwriting currently. I have had declines from other carriers offered at level 1 with Blue Cross, and have placed cases in the last few months that, a year ago, would have been a decline but were approved.

Lately my cases are averaging about 1 week.

Back