SHIP and Medicare Insurance Products; Comments?

LostDollar

There's No Toilet Paper- on the Road Less Traveled
5000 Post Club
Kansas
Comments, observations, experiences, etc with the interactions between your state's SHIP program and the process of selling and buying Medicare insurance products. ??

Some have no idea what they are doing. Almost none have even a basic understanding of insurance.

Comments, observations, experiences, etc with the interactions between your state's SHIP program and the process of selling and buying Medicare insurance products. ??

Considering this forum is largely made up of agents, you aren't likely to get much response in terms of our dealings with SHIP. I personally don't know a single agent who has had personal dealings with SHIP. However, I do know some agents who have had to occasionally undo what someone at SHIP advised the consumer to do.

I'm pretty sure they are not allowed to do this, but I have two of them sending me referrals. One lady, I never met or spoke with, received my mailer and has sent me about ten people from out of state. The other lady came to my office, bought a plan and has sent me a few referrals too.

Back