Shocking But True!

FLM2

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I've only written about 5 Exchange apps, all through healthcare.gov, and really never expected to get paid for any of them.

4 of them are with Florida Blue, I've been asked on 3 different occasions to provide the information for each of the apps-each time I've done so and have never been paid and essentially I've given up.

The other was with Humana, for a good friend's brother, his premium is $1.67 per month after the subsidy. I submitted the app on Thanksgiving and had given up on any comp for it.

Imagine my surprise to receive a commission statement from my IMO (Health Choice One, who is about 2 months behind on As Earned commission right now) today for this policy with not only the 8% agent commission but a 1% override for the entire premium and a 9 month advance.

Maybe next year I will actually write some business for Humana during OEP.

Well YA what used to be tier one is platinum, tier 2 gold, tier 3 silver and tier 4 bronze. I was paid exactly the same as before for applicant and was suppose to be for everyone on the policy, but that didn't happen and I'm told that is a mistake. It will take them months to straighten this out. I just hope it is before I have to start certifying for medicare and under next year, so I can decide if I want to continue doing this any longer.

Have you been paid by FB? And what did their commission level end up being?

No and I don't know, they never released a full commission schedule to me.

As I said, I have no expectation to get paid for the few policies I wrote for them-at the same time, I don't really care at this point in time.

Back