Shopping for car insurance...

Valetic

Expert
And homeowners as a bundle if that’s a thing. Not sure if this is the right section in the forum for this type of thread. I hopped over here from the FE forums.

I’m currently with state farm. Pay around 245/month for full coverage on 2 vehicles with full coverage and home and auto bundle. Home owners is about 1k/ year don’t remember exact numbers but that’s tied to my mortgage.

I have no accident on my record but wife was involved in a hit and runs year ago and had to take out a claim.

2015 Chevy impala ls
2005 Chevy Aveo base sedan

I’m 26 she’s 25

State of Georgia.

This all might be more information than necessary for this post. Just looking to save as much as possible for full coverage and some on homeowners also.

Did a quote with liberty mutual online and they quoted me 20 bucks cheaper on auto.

I actually talked to a guy at work who was former p&c agent. He told me I can shop around myself or go find some brokers in my area.

Find a broker in your area or go online. I would drop full coverage on the Chevy Aveo. Whatever you are adding to the premium by adding full coverage is chasing money. That car is 14 years old and has a value less than $2000. Any accident, however minor, is going to total it.

Find a broker in your area or go online. I would drop full coverage on the Chevy Aveo. Whatever you are adding to the premium by adding full coverage is chasing money. That car is 14 years old and has a value less than $2000. Any accident, however minor, is going to total it.

Thanks. I found a couple of brokers. About to get it going now. Dropping full coverage on the Aveo.

Brought my payments down over 80 bucks a month on auto. Paying the full term also so I save an extra 18 bucks per term. Life is good.

dude, 245/month it's too much even if you pay for 2 cars... Personally, I pay only 899 for my Subaru Impreza for this Car Traders Insurance, and you know, I'm quite happy using their services, because, once I had an accident and that guys took my car to their own auto repair shop, looked for spare parts and repaired my car with 70% discount. I'm simply interested, do you have such discounts in your insurance company? And, how much would you pay for a single car?
This insurance is for used car dealers, repair shops, etc and is commercial insurance in ENGLAND! Not sure what value it is to someone in Georgia looking for personal lines insurance.

Cheap is never good when it comes to auto insurance. Cheap is a guarantee of substandard aftermarket or used parts when you need a repair. These companies also tend to shortpay on these repairs by not paying for manufacturer recoommended procedures and necessary parts, which leads to paying out of pocket beyond your deductible to get a correct repair. They have no cares if their "approved" repair results in lost value and increased safety risk to anyone in the car. Flo, Mayhem, and the Gecko lead the way in settling claims this way. Helps pay for the commercials!

Last edited:
Back