Short Term Auto Insurance?

iiinycboi

Guru
100+ Post Club
So i have a client that has 2 cars with me already, but he wants to get a temp auto insurance for a 3rd car that he had in the back where he fixes it up. He wants to drive the car around and bring it to the body shop.

What are the options for this? He wants something like 2 weeks of insurance, but as far as i know there arent anything like this.

My impression is to register the car, get insurance then cancel when hes done with it?

I haven't heard otherwise, is there any other easy way to insurance his car for 2 weeks or so?

You say you already have TWO cars insured for the client.

The RIGHT way would be to add the 3rd car until he was done with his maintenance or whatever and then remove the car once it is out of commission.

Depending on your State, this could cause a LICENSE PLATE problem, however.

Adding it to the existing policy would avoid having two liability policies in the same household.

yeah, i just wanted to see if there was a faster way in doing it for them. They technically need it for a few days only.

I am going to add a 3rd car to it and just ctake it off when their done. They just need to get new plates and registration for it.

The situation is he has a car in the back that he fixes, but now there's a manufacture recall and he wants it to be fixed by them. He needs insurance to get there, then back so its just 30 mins each way.

If he wants to be a real cheapskate and you don't want anything for your time.....

Replace one of his existing cars with this car and then swap it back when he's done. Of course, the existing car would have to be parked during that time, but if he can do that, then you are good.

I hate these deals, he is actually trying to do the right thing, it just doesn't work well in the insurance system, to much paperwork :)

Dan

Yeah he's a great ideal client, he does everything right and always ask me for my professional opinion on what to do before he does it. Hes not worried about price but about being properly covered.

I had a few of these cases where they asked if they can just use the plate from another car -.-. And most of them will do that even though i told them the risk.

Back