Short Term Medical Insurance for an Expectant Father?

ssinsurance

We were talking to Assurant broker support to find out if an expectant father would be eligible for their Health Access plan. The broker support agent said he wouldn't be eligible for Health Access but that we could put him on their Short Term Medical plan. We then called UnitedHealthOne and they said that expectant parents are not eligible for their short term plan.

Does anyone have experience putting an expectant father on a short term medical plan? I didn't even think it was an option until the Assurant rep mentioned it.

I doubt it......thats the last thing they want is a new born that they can not prex.......

I doubt it......thats the last thing they want is a new born that they can not prex.......

You are right. That's what I thought too, so we called the Assurant underwriting department for the short term plan and they confirmed that an expectant father is NOT eligible.

You are right. That's what I thought too, so we called the Assurant underwriting department for the short term plan and they confirmed that an expectant father is NOT eligible.

He's obviously young, and you can get him into a 10k accident policy for $50/mo at the very least. Comes with free telemed. You can also add on a CI policy. Only supplemental plans.

If without insurance for 6 months, look at PCIP.gov - Home

He's obviously young, and you can get him into a 10k accident policy $50/mo at the very least. Comes with free telemed. You can also add on a CI policy. Only supplemental plans.

If without insurance for 6 months, look at PCIP.gov

Thanks. The accident/critical illness policy is good advice. The baby is due in August, so by the time the PCIP was approved he'd probably wouldn't qualify for it anymore. So, we will have him enrolled in a major medical plan after the baby is born.

Back