Short Term Medical Insurance

insurgal81

Expert
Has anyone heard of or used National General for short term medical in Illinois? Who is everyone using? I do primarily Medicare supplement and I find that some clients need coverage for only a few months prior to Medicare. Who does everyone suggest here in Illinois? And who would be a good FMO for this. My Med Supp FMO does not do much with Short Term Medical.
Thank you

Has anyone heard of or used National General for short term medical in Illinois? Who is everyone using? I do primarily Medicare supplement and I find that some clients need coverage for only a few months prior to Medicare. Who does everyone suggest here in Illinois? And who would be a good FMO for this. My Med Supp FMO does not do much with Short Term Medical.
Thank you

It used to be Assurant.
http://www.ahcpsales.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/assurant-natgen-announcement.pdf

Did your client miss the Open Enrollment Period?

They don’t have to go without health coverage until the next Open Enrollment.

Choose National General Short Term Medical for dependable temporary health insurance.

Flexible plans and options to fit your clients needs and budget!

Good Commissions with paid advances available!

The NGIC Short Term Medical Plan shown Includes:

· Aetna Open Choice Network of Doctors and Hospitals

· Next-day coverage

· Coverage from 30 days to 11 Months

· Office Visits & Preventative care Benefits

· Deductibles ranging from $1000 up to $5000

· Issue age 2 - to 64 years of age

· Guaranteed Issues Plans Available

Short Term Med. provides much-needed medical coverage:

· Between Open Enrollment

· Between Job

· Waiting for Medicare

· Waiting for Group Coverage

Short Term Medical and Health Care Reform

Short-term, limited duration plans are not subject to certain parts of Federal health care reform, including the parts related to

lifetime limits, dependent coverage, preventive care, and pre-existing conditions. Unless prohibited by state law, these

contractual provisions will apply to all customers, including the preexisting condition exclusion for those under the age of 19.

For more information or to get contracted, call me or respond to this email:

Dan Cullen

Regional Sales Director

IL, IN & MI

877-685-1500

cid:[email protected]

Thank you for the info., that is very helpful. Question, have you heard of or used Meritain Health for short term? It is an Aetna company. I have just had a lot of requests lately for short term and not sure on who to write here in Illinois.

Thank you for the info., that is very helpful. Question, have you heard of or used Meritain Health for short term? It is an Aetna company. I have just had a lot of requests lately for short term and not sure on who to write here in Illinois.

You're welcome. No, I'm not familiar with Meritain Health. I've never written a short term plan and I doubt I ever will.

You should reach out to AllenChicago about this, as he's very knowledgeable about this segment of the industry.

Back