Short Term Medical Over 65?

TN_agent

Guru
100+ Post Club
Which carriers, if any, sell short term health insurance over age 65? I don't have one in my bag of tricks.

I have the mother of a client (age 90) permanently immigrating here from a foreign country (non-Medicare eligible but with green card). Can get her major medical but won't start until the first of the month after she moves here. Her country has nationalized medicine, so whatever coverage she has ends when she leaves the country (I assume, don't know how every country works). Because of her age, the daughter doesn't want her uncovered for even a day.

Would they be able to get an emergency-only travel policy from their country of origin for a couple of weeks if they are leaving the country permanently?

Thanks walthamny. Unfortuntately I just checked their site and they don't offer the international major medical past age 84 (or short term past 65). But good to know for my younger seniors.

sorry, just saw their bridge plan. I don't know if my client is willing to pay the $700 for a couple of weeks of coverage with lots of exclusions (10,000 deductible and $25,000 max coverage), but I can check. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back