Short Term Plans New Rule

Now that Trump won will this rule change?
Hopefully president Trump will appoint somebody who is well-versed in these ACA matters. The short-term Health rule is a pretty obscure aspect of the Affordable Care Act. It needs to be brought to the attention of the correct person on the transition team.

Hopefully president Trump will appoint somebody who is well-versed in these ACA matters. The short-term Health rule is a pretty obscure aspect of the Affordable Care Act. It needs to be brought to the attention of the correct person on the transition team.

I don't think the 3 month rule is in the ACA. Didn't CMS just issue a directive a few weeks ago and thats it?

That's how I read it. Trump could change that with his pen.

The penalty for not having insurance would be a good thing to erase too. Then, say goodbye to the punishment for having a STM. (IME, no STM clients pay the penalty anyway.)

With a single signature, Donald's pen can undo a whole bunch of crap that Sebelius and Burwell unilaterally enacted. We just need an HHS Secretary who can put together a "to do" list of eligible items to trash can, and have it signed by the President.
:yes:

BTW... To be on the safe side, ensure that STM plans start before 1.1.2017. Those that begin on 1.1.2017 can't be any longer than 3 months in length, under the new rule.

The penalty for not having insurance would be a good thing to erase too. Then, say goodbye to the punishment for having a STM. (IME, no STM clients pay the penalty anyway.)

With a single signature, Donald's pen can undo a whole bunch of crap that Sebelius and Burwell unilaterally enacted. We just need an HHS Secretary who can put together a "to do" list of eligible items to trash can, and have it signed by the President.
:yes:

BTW... To be on the safe side, ensure that STM plans start before 1.1.2017. Those that begin on 1.1.2017 can't be any longer than 3 months in length, under the new rule.

Actually I've seen this from 3 carriers now. It will go as stated

January 1, 2017 12 Months for all states except MO, SC and AZ
January 2, 2017-January 28, 2017 11 Months for all states except MO and AZ
February 1, 2017-February 28, 2017 10 Months for all states except MO and AZ
March 1, 2017-March 28, 2017 9 Months for all states except MO and AZ NOTE: Applications cannot be dated after March 20, 2017 to get these effective dates.
April 1 and later 3 Months Maximum and

March 1, 2017-March 28, 2017 9 Months for all states except MO and AZ NOTE: Applications cannot be dated after March 20, 2017 to get these effective dates.

So, what is with az? Allow longer or shorter?

Sam I am this is confusing:

I thought we had up until April 1st 2017 to write a short term that would last thru December 31st, 2017 ?

Back