Should a Newbie Start with Life or Health?

lacy_amy

Expert
Taking into consideration a newbie wants to eventuall sell both life and health, which is the better line to start in and why?

Taking into consideration a newbie wants to eventuall sell both life and health, which is the better line to start in and why?

Given the uncertain nature of the future of the individual health insurance market, I believe it's a mistake to spend time and resources getting started in it in a big way right now.

Once we see where is shakes out...

I dunno, WORST case you get sick real bad, the ER can't turn you down, hospital sets you up on payments or you file BK. But you live.

You die, who's gonna bury you? Who's gonna take care of your family? You won't even know.

Just depends on where your passion is.

P&C: Insure my STUFF (I love my stuff)
Health: Insure my BODY (I love my body)
(seeing a trend?)
Life: (I love my family) Insure my FAMILY'S way of life continues, their dreams are achieved, etc. with or without me around. It's a harder sell, esp. in today's selfish, materialistic, male wussified, financially maxed-out society.

Ummm...philosophically speaking of course.....

I would say that life insurance is a better product to get started with. You can market it so many more ways to so many more people. It is more affordable for the most part. That is where I started.

I started in Life and it has been pretty good, I have also seen a trend of seasoned Health agents getting into life to maintain a steady income.

I would say life insurance right now. But you have to find your own niche no matter which you pick. They both have their good and bad spots. Really depends on you.

As far as product knowledge and getting up and running, I would say Life easier to get started in.

Back