Should I "de-clutter" my Website?

pcbinsurance

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Good afternoon:

I'm considering a revamp of my website and if anyone has any suggestions, I would be greatly appreciative.

I feel like it's too busy and needs to be simplified for better conversion.

I realize after the site is revamped, (proper) SEO has to be done on a regular basis but I'm going to tackle this one step at a time.

Thanks to anyone who responds either in the Forum or by a PM.

Wow David...thanks for that review. It will take me a while to digest what you said but I think a lot of it was stuff I suspected or needed someone to smack me over the head with!

You obviously know your stuff and I greatly appreciate you taking the time to help.

Steve, Here are some of my thoughts off the top. I like what you are doing with your website. In particular, I like the videos. Here's the problem: You don't have the videos setup in a way that they can really help you. I'll get to that in a moment. First, your home page. Your home page does not do what it should. It needs to plant a powerful seed in the mind of your visitor, and that seed needs to convey a sense of urgency. You have a list of ten reasons people buy term life insurance. This should be a blog post, not a list on your home page. The message on your home page should tell your visitors what your product will do for them... "Protect The Financial Well-being Of The Ones You Love!". In that message, help them take the next step... Let me help you with more information... What state are you in? Your sidebar lead gen/quote widget is okay, but not on your home page. Your home page needs special treatment. First of all, with so many fields to complete, you're scaring people off. This is something I learned in the e-commerce business. Break your information request into several steps (think about how most e-commerce businesses ask for your information at check out) and clearly show your visitor what step they are on (1-2-3). Also, your request to get information needs to be accompanied by your assurance that you will use the information responsibly. If/when you ask for an email and phone number, there needs to be a promise of NO SPAM and that you will not sell, trade or give the information to a third-party. Okay, let's talk about your videos. I like them and I'd give each one a dedicated page. Use the videos as a tool to get responses on social media. There are some good video players that let you have full control of YouTube videos and put Facebook commenting below. Every time someone comments, your video page goes on their wall. I'd also take the time to write out the story presented on the video. Add your own twist. Take screen shots of the video as its playing and crop them to use as images in your story. If you do this your page/post will get good traction in Google search. I don't understand why you have two phone numbers. Its confusing for your visitor. Is it two different people? Do you have two offices? Is one a mobile and the other an office? The point is, don't make your visitors think. Make it easy. Get a toll-free number that has a find-me, follow-me option and set it up to do the work. I'd change "Call For A Quote" to something that connotes value, like... "Call For Your Free Consultation". Speaking of "consultation", when writing your pages, think like a consultant and write like a marketer, because that's what you are. So, for example, your Why Choose An Easy Term Life Insurance Policy In Tampa? | easy-term.com page has good information, but you dump it on your reader like a ton of bricks. Add a headline to each paragraph: - Term Life Offers Maximum Coverage At An Affordable Price - Get Death Protection For Your Family When You Need It - Invest Your Money Wisely - Term vs. Whole Life: What You Need To Know - When You Should Buy Term Life Insurances Can you see how those headlines over your paragraphs would not only help the reader, but make a powerful statement, as well. Plus, they are good for SEO if you use them wisely. Let me offer a quick note about your social media icons. Unless you plan to step up your social media game (posting daily), having them in the header of your website is probably not a wise thing. In generally, people are too easily distracted. Keep your visitor's focus on why they came to your website... to buy insurance. If you want people to have your social media information, put it in the "Oh, Buy the Way" area in your footer. On to the "Dental HMO" link... what are you thinking? Are you really going to take send a potential term life lead to a long-shot dental plan sale? It's a different business and not even a good cross sell. Zap it! You are a local Tampa business, but that is not communicated clearly on your website. Are you trying to be a state-wide business? I guess what I'm asking is, who is your client? How would your visitors know? You have mere seconds to communicate to your visitors that they are in the right place before the hit the "Next Contestant" button and go back to Google. On to your "About Us" page. First and foremost, you are selling a financial product, so you really need a professional photo of yourself that shows your great smile and your eyes. Sunglasses are a no-no. Put on a blue shirt and a tie and head on down to the photo studio. Your family photo is nice, but it belongs at the bottom of the page. Your client is buying you, not your family. I'll make this comment regarding your about page, but it applies to all of your pages... More white space, please! The content is simply too cramped. People will hit the back button like a duck on a June bug. Best of luck on the reworking the site. David

I learnt something too, thx

----------

I learnt something too, thx

I am actually in need of a website designer, looking for sleek and simple for my lead biz?

And I think I just hijacked the thread. Oops sorry.

Again David is providing some good content!

One thing David mentions is that the homepage needs to have a sense of "urgency".
More specifically (& i think David would agree with this), your homepage needs to get people off of your homepage. It needs to create enough interest and trust to keep people on your site but driving deeper.

I think the extreme of this is Neil Patel with Quicksprout - check out his homepage. quicksprout . com It's a lead page! In fact his other pages are like that too! Neil is a monster so i must work.

I'm not suggesting go to that extreme but really think about what you want to have happen from someone that comes to your site.
You need to guide that experience. Once you figure out what you want from your traffic, get everything else out of the way. Focus on that and clean things up.
Hope that helps.

Back