Should I Report It?

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
Yesterday, I was driving home from work. A cop lets a guy out in traffic and causes us all to hit our brakes and I end up hitting my father truck with my truck. I hit him about 10 mph. It didnt do a lot to his truck, but I hit him with the right side of my bumper and it moved a little.

I have Progressive with a 500 dect..

I guess I need to take it to the shop and see how much damage I did and see if it is worth it.

I'm not a P and C agent. Will this make my prices jump up next time I renew if I report it or what?

I have Progressive with a 500 dect..

Did you buy this from Flo? I hope you know you lose all standing as an agent if you admit you bought this online. ;)

Since you've already left the scene, you might as well get it estimated and see how much it would be. If it is not much over $500, I'd just pay it out of pocket and not report it.

PS. I'm not a P&C agent either.

Depends on Progressive's accident threshold in your state...payouts over a certain $$ amount are considered "surchargeable" accidents. Check with Flo

You need a new front bumper cover. Probably run you around $300-$400 installed. Not worth filing if you ask me.

I was going to sell this truck next month also. After my car gets out of the shop. I was going to ask like $5000 for the truck. How much you think I should take off for this?

KBB says worth $5,400 b4 the wreck.

One item - if you report this to your auto carrier it'll show up on Carfax. Just having it show up on Carfax as having been involved in an accident makes it worth, to some buyers, $0.

Back