Should I Resign in Person?

Resign face to face. Start your own business, and perhaps you will start to realize why business owners are so "controlling."

Honestly resigning face to face more than likely can work out in your favor. Slamming doors shut rarely is as good as leaving them partially propped open.

Best of Luck to you

Look, I'm a jerk when it comes to resigning from agencies. Normally I'm happy if I'm making money, doing fairly well, and getting along with the manager, etc. If I'm not happy, I get resentful... trust and faith get buried, I get bitter, and I just end up leaving quickly. I'm not telling you that's the way to do it, and I'm not telling you that I'm happy about my past patterns... but it's the way it's been for me.

Since you're leaving on good terms to pursue something better, then definitely resign in person and be a gentleman about it. Shake his hand, thank him for your professional growth, because he's definitely served as a mentor of sorts. I would not (and have never) burn any bridges with anyone of quality who has helped you to grow in your profession. You don't have to work together in order for them to continue to make a difference in your life.

I agree with keeping it classy, but in the interest of putting other ideas out there...

There may be no better motivator than a vendetta. Strictly from a production standpoint, were you to somehow leave on emotionally adversarial terms both you and your current employer would probably have better numbers next year. Give me a guy who's pride won't let him lose an argument to the one who's done him wrong vs the one who worries more about "bridges" and I'll bet on the first guy all day.

I agree with keeping it classy, but in the interest of putting other ideas out there...

There may be no better motivator than a vendetta. Strictly from a production standpoint, were you to somehow leave on emotionally adversarial terms both you and your current employer would probably have better numbers next year. Give me a guy who's pride won't let him lose an argument to the one who's done him wrong vs the one who worries more about "bridges" and I'll bet on the first guy all day.

Like the advice I was given. Don't get mad get even.

Back