Should I Start Final Expense As a Captive or Independent Agent

ok Ladies and Gents I have a dilemma . I have situation that you all are probably familiar with; being as on 100% commission based insured agent. The Mrs. wants to see $$$.

Now the pros are that: I LOVE the final expense market, its just that I truly believe in he product. I know I from my own interaction with clients and with ride with alongs with trainers/uplines that FE will be a rewarding career if I can stick with it.
The only problem is that I'm am pretty known in my area and I have substantial community involvement to the point where I go on a lead I personally already know the prospect when we are door knocking . Now all the leads I buy are in BFE way the hell out spread out where I have to drive 30-40 minutes to the next lead!!?

Whats a ride along.gonna.do for me? Be honest, all im gonna see is the dude makin a sale. I wont pick up on anything he says because I dont learn that way. Im more hands on learning. I dont believe u can teach someone how to sell. Either it comes to u or it doesnt

----------

basically what can they teach me that I cant teach myself

You will fail with that mentality

ok Ladies and Gents I have a dilemma . I have situation that you all are probably familiar with; being as on 100% commission based insured agent. The Mrs. wants to see $$$.

Now the pros are that: I LOVE the final expense market, its just that I truly believe in he product. I know I from my own interaction with clients and with ride with alongs with trainers/uplines that FE will be a rewarding career if I can stick with it.
The only problem is that I'm am pretty known in my area and I have substantial community involvement to the point where I go on a lead I personally already know the prospect when we are door knocking . Now all the leads I buy are in BFE way the hell out spread out where I have to drive 30-40 minutes to the next lead!!?

Ah, I see your delimma!

It is hard to do business with people that know you because they don't yet know you as an insurance professional. It doesn't hurt to try though.

If you don't want to work the people that already know you then the answer for you is very simple: You'll just have to keep driving to the ones that don't if you want to make the money.

This has been a very entertaining thread. I think Javier is a joke, and just stringing everyone along....but, a very funny "dude".

Captive if you need to be told what and when. The Captives almost always have production requirements. Also consider the Federal Tax code. A Captive could be a w-2 employee. An Indy is a independent contractor who can file a schedule C . I like Indy after being captive for 17 yrs......Don

Getting Started

What do you think is the best strategy:
Cold call prospects with the Med Supp and cross sell them the final expense OR
Cold call with the FE product exclusively?
When I use the words "cold call", I am talking about using the telephone to call with the Med Supp to get the appt. and then cross sell the FE....OR just cold call with the FE to get the appt. and sell them the FE.

I don't want to get Health License if I only need to have a Life License to make a living in selling FE.

I am in Colorado. Any thoughts on this?

"I am in Colorado. Any thoughts on this?"
My thoughts are... you should roll up a big ole fatty and enjoy your weekend.

Back