Should I switch to another IMO?

Lou Mann

I’ve been doing in-home sales for several years with less than a year in the final expense/mortgage protection insurance industry. The IMO I work with is saturated in my market and I get very few fresh leads within 2 hours of my home. They are focused on recruiting to reach the best contract rates. I figure I have about 3 years left before I retire, and building an agency is not a goal of mine.

I’m not a sales superstar, but I’m consistent, and I care about the client. My close rate is over 50% with 85% net placed. Should I be looking for an IMO with higher initial contract levels or just stick it out? Any advice?

I’ve been doing in-home sales for several years with less than a year in the final expense/mortgage protection insurance industry. The IMO I work with is saturated in my market and I get very few fresh leads within 2 hours of my home. They are focused on recruiting to reach the best contract rates. I figure I have about 3 years left before I retire, and building an agency is not a goal of mine.

I’m not a sales superstar, but I’m consistent, and I care about the client. My close rate is over 50% with 85% net placed. Should I be looking for an IMO with higher initial contract levels or just stick it out? Any advice?

One of the main things an IMO needs to have for them to be a good fit for you and you to them is a direct mail lead territory open. It’s the #1 reason that I turn agents away. If I already have a good agent in the area you want, then I tell you that we aren’t going to be a good place for you. If your IMO is not doing the same and just piling agents on top of agents then yes I would move on. And you should never be with an IMO that requires you to recruit to reach normal commission levels (See the FexContracting.com website to review agent commission levels).

But in return, YOU as an agent with a steady flow of $30 direct mail leads with guaranteed ages has to produce. It has to be a two way street. The IMO needs to treat you great and get your leads weekly but you need to be working and producing for the relationship to work for both of you.

Look for an IMO can that can provide what you want on your terms... There are several FE IMOs on the forum that can serve your needs.

Back