Should I take the first off they are offering on my truck that is totaled

Madison R Sublett

ok I'm needing to know if I dont accept the first offer from my insurance on my totaled truck will they give me a better/different offer or is that the final offer

You can counter offer if you can find listings for the same vehicle, same mileage, etc. Temember that the offer is value, not retail. Most carriers are using TruCar which looks at similar listings in your area

ok I'm needing to know if I dont accept the first offer from my insurance on my totaled truck will they give me a better/different offer or is that the final offer

Maybe, but you'll need a well documented rebuttal based on the availability of comparable vehicles in your area.

You can also check the three popular price guides (Kelley Blue Book, NADA, Edmunds) but note that their values can vary by $1000 or more in either direction. If your insurance company is within those ranges you probably won't get a better offer.

If you and your insurance company are far enough apart to make it worthwhile you can invoke the Appraisal provision of your auto policy.

APPRAISAL
A.
If we and you do not agree on the amount of
loss, either may demand an appraisal of the
loss. In this event, each party will select a
competent and impartial appraiser. The two
appraisers will select an umpire. The
appraisers will state separately the actual cash
value and the amount of loss. If they fail to
agree, they will submit their differences to the
umpire. A decision agreed to by any two will be
binding. Each party will:
1. Pay its chosen appraiser; and
2. Bear the expenses of the appraisal and
umpire equally.
B. We do not waive any of our rights under this
policy by agreeing to an appraisal.

Note that you pay a fee to your appraiser and half the fee to the umpire so it's not worth doing if there is only a small amount in dispute.

Back