Should I Use a GA Like AIO or Just Get Contracted Myself?

getfiddle2

I've been looking at setting up my own independent agency, focusing on L&H, but I have also been licensed for P&C. I have been licensed for 5+ years (captive), but I really want to branch out on my own. I'm gonna use a GA for P&C, because its harder to get contracted with P&C companies and most require a commericial office space. So L&H will be slightly easier.

However, I've been contacted by AIO (American Insurance Organization) and it is exactly what kind of operation I was going to set up for myself. My question is....what benefits would it be to go with AIO rather than just getting the contracts myself...other than the obvious (commisions, leads, etc.)?

Thanks in advance.

A GA is going to be able to give you advances & support you won't get getting contracted on your own. Do you need this is your first question. The second factor is will you produce enough business with all the various carriers to keep a contract or keep the commission levels. Most agents don't write enough to make that possible. That's where a Marketing Organization has the biggest benefits. Just don't trade commission levels for leads or "Training" take the highest commission with a legitimate agency that offers these in addition to a great contract.

Back