Should I Wait to Buy Term Life Insurance?

Thanks everyone for the great advice! I will proceed with getting a policy now, and later if my health improves I will look into getting a new policy.

LGilmore - I hear you...My doctor also told me that I would have diabetes for the rest of my life. However there are plenty of examples of people who have reversed their type 2 diabetes with a whole food plant based diet. Check it out...It could change your life.

Unfortunately you will always be a diabetic. There is no cure only different forms of control. If someone is selling you a cure... RUN away fast. What it sounds like you're doing is changing your diet to a more diabetic friendly one. That's fine, I hope it works for you. I would really suggest a diabetic diet class. They often are covered by health insurance and ran through some hospitals. Food education is important. The other thing with diet is what works for one does not work for all. Over time you will learn what foods work best with your body chemistry and what ones don't.

Again nobody cures diabetes, some just get really good control. Shoot for an A1c between 6-7 and you're golden. Higher will lead to organ failures and lower they've discovered can lead to heart attacks. I've been a type ii for 18 years. I have done well, good, fair and bad over those years.

Make sure you are working with a doctor that understands diabetes. See them as often as your plan allows. Track your numbers. I saw you work in a mental job, so probably sit a lot, walk at least 30 minutes a day. I honestly wish you the best. Work at staying healthy and getting healthier. Best of luck to you.

Just because someone claims to 'cure' diabetes... does not mean that a life or health insurance underwriter will see your medical files the same way.

Unfortunately you will always be a diabetic. There is no cure only different forms of control. If someone is selling you a cure... RUN away fast. What it sounds like you're doing is changing your diet to a more diabetic friendly one. That's fine, I hope it works for you. I would really suggest a diabetic diet class. They often are covered by health insurance and ran through some hospitals. Food education is important. The other thing with diet is what works for one does not work for all. Over time you will learn what foods work best with your body chemistry and what ones don't.

Again nobody cures diabetes, some just get really good control. Shoot for an A1c between 6-7 and you're golden. Higher will lead to organ failures and lower they've discovered can lead to heart attacks. I've been a type ii for 18 years. I have done well, good, fair and bad over those years.

Make sure you are working with a doctor that understands diabetes. See them as often as your plan allows. Track your numbers. I saw you work in a mental job, so probably sit a lot, walk at least 30 minutes a day. I honestly wish you the best. Work at staying healthy and getting healthier. Best of luck to you.

Thanks! I really do appreciate you taking the time to respond. I have been and will continue to closely monitor my diabetes under a doctor's supervision. If this diet does what it claims and gets me off Metformin, I will definitely let you know.

Back