Should My Info and a Picture Be on the Home Page or About Us?

mattlbrody

Expert
Where's the best place to introduce potential customers to an agent on their website? on the homepage? or on an about page? and if it's on the homepage, where? at the top?

Why not on the home page? You are what you are selling more than you are selling insurance.

Last edited:
I would put it on the very first page they see since not everyone will click on an "about me" page, but everyone would see it on the home page. I'd just make sure you post it somewhere on the first page, either to the left or right, where they see it without having to scroll down.

Unless of course, you are ugly as sin :)

you can post those two things in both spots...there's no harm in putting a picture of yourself or your agency on the homepage and on the about us page ... but i do agree, not all customers go to the about us page...especially if you have the number to your agency on your home page which is a necessity.

My pic is on the home page. I don't care what the website promotes, if I can't find a name and pic in the first 30 seconds, I'm gone.

It blows me away that new agents come on here and ask for critiques about their site and while they have the cutest names for their "company", there's no mention of a real person much less a pic. Just another commodity site.

My pic is on the home page. I don't care what the website promotes, if I can't find a name and pic in the first 30 seconds, I'm gone.

It blows me away that new agents come on here and ask for critiques about their site and while they have the cutest names for their "company", there's no mention of a real person much less a pic. Just another commodity site.

And yet the ol' bloke larry ain't got his face nowhere on this here site! I say overboard with the ol' swashbuckler, he broke one of the pirate codes (I think, I'm not sure what they are anyway, well, they're just "guidelines") so maybe just swab the deck a bit, eh? :1rolleyes: Heave to, men! (or somethin' li' that).

Do you think that it should be the first thing they see, or can it be at the bottom corner of the homepage? still highlighted, but not the very first thing.

Back