Showing Quotes Using Your Cellphone.

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
I just got an Android HTC Incredible x2 yesterday.

I've been playing around with this thing and it is really easy to run quotes on it.

Does it look bad to clients if you use a cell phone to show them quotes?

It has like a 4 inch screen on it.

Should I just use my laptop instead?

Update: I now use Final Expense Quotes | Mobile Login

Last edited:
I take a 14" laptop on most life sales and client reviews. However if it is a FE or SI policy it normally stays in my bag.

If the meeting moves into me quoting someone else I pull up compulife on my phone. I do not show them the quotes. I just write down a couple options on the back of a piece of paper. It has most of the FE, Term and GUL products that I write. I do wish it had more WL. The phone works great for a quick "what if" quote.

I think that the screen is a bit small for viewing full illustrations. I was looking at moving to a tablet. But after having lunch with Rick the other day, I think I will adopt his method of a rooted cell and a 10" netbook.

We have something new that we will roll out in the next week. That is a function in Compulife that will let you install the Compulife on your computer, to a Flash Drive. You will then be able to take the flash drive with you. If your client, or your hotel, or whatever, has a computer, you will be able to plug in the flash drive, and run quotes, on that computer, FROM the flash drive.

And when you plug the flash drive into the computer, and look for it on the "My Computer" or "Computer" list/function, the drive will actually display the Compulife icon so you know which drive is the flash drive.

I personally think you would look cheap, inexperienced or even new to the business like you cant afford a Ipad or laptop.

I think for older clients, it wold be hard to see the number, I have the epic and it has the same size screen, but I dont think I would ever show it to the client unless it was a spur of the moment thing,

I personally think you would look cheap, inexperienced or even new to the business like you cant afford a Ipad or laptop.

I think for older clients, it wold be hard to see the number, I have the epic and it has the same size screen, but I dont think I would ever show it to the client unless it was a spur of the moment thing,

Why would you show them the number?

Just asking.

Why would you show them the number?

Just asking.

I have always shown people the quote, either i take it with me, or email it.

People want to see a number, not just be told a number, in my experience

I have always shown people the quote, either i take it with me, or email it.

People want to see a number, not just be told a number, in my experience

If I use my phone it is for a quick Term, GUL or FE quote. No real illustrations for those. Works great at the end of a sale when you start talking about the beneficiaries.

I have a laptop that goes with me. But more and more it stays in my bag. I used to run a crap load of illustrations and take a stack on the appointment. I may take one or two then line out the options on a legal pad now. Sometimes it is on the back of a piece of paper in the file. Less confusing. IMO

I think I am going the Netbook and wireless route also. Less is more.

But whatever work.

Back