SIAA in Oklahoma

TSOONER

Anyone here signed up with them? I am wondering if they would be the right fit for me. Spoke with them today and trying to weigh my options on what to do. I have been selling policies for over 2 1/2 years under another independent agent and I am looking to go out on my own so I can grow my company. I have my own location and business set up but all of the stuff I write goes under them and I feel its time for me to go out on my own.

Last edited:
Have you tried contacting the carriers you write for to see if they will give you a direct appointment? If you show them how much business you've wrote for them you'll have a better shot.

No I haven't done that yet because I have a feeling the guys I am writing for might get pissed off. They had a lot of companies when I first got started with them and then over the last 6 months I was told not to place business with those companies and to only use a select few, not for sure why but I want access to those large companies. I know that several of the companies I put the majority of my business with will give me an appointment but I just don't want to rock the boat yet. They have sort got me on lock down now, 3 auto and 4 home companies and I still have all the commercial companies except 1, which I liked. Just feel that I need to grow my business while I still write for them with those other companies.

No I haven't done that yet because I have a feeling the guys I am writing for might get pissed off. They had a lot of companies when I first got started with them and then over the last 6 months I was told not to place business with those companies and to only use a select few, not for sure why but I want access to those large companies. I know that several of the companies I put the majority of my business with will give me an appointment but I just don't want to rock the boat yet. They have sort got me on lock down now, 3 auto and 4 home companies and I still have all the commercial companies except 1, which I liked. Just feel that I need to grow my business while I still write for them with those other companies.

Thats fine just know that if you go with SIAA and they have those carriers, your wont be able to leave SIAA and go direct with those carriers for X amount of years.

Anyone here signed up with them? I am wondering if they would be the right fit for me. Spoke with them today and trying to weigh my options on what to do. I have been selling policies for over 2 1/2 years under another independent agent and I am looking to go out on my own so I can grow my company. I have my own location and business set up but all of the stuff I write goes under them and I feel its time for me to go out on my own.

What part of Oklahoma are you in?

I am wondering if those companies maybe went bye bye due to not meeting the quotas or something?

Most of the SIAA master agencies are pretty good. I personally would put SIAA at or near the top of my list if I was going to do what you are planning.

Back