SIAA vs PGI commercial dept

tlc231

Hello everyone, I was wondering if any brokers under these two clusters that could give me feedback regarding their experience with SIAA and PGI in terms of their commercial end. Thank you in advance.

Some people can't stand this but some of the pros of the PGI CL deliverable:
  1. We get you direct access to commercial markets
  2. We share in the Profit share and the overrides
  3. Have the best commercial lines trainer (who trained CL for two of the big boys in this space for 20 years (Hartford and Liberty)
  4. We have a PGI commercial lines University

'I personally chose SIAA. This doesn't have much to do with my post though. Personally it all depends on the local master agency with SIAA. I've heard praises for one but complaints about others. The master agency would likely be involved with you and your training. Ask them what capacity they have for someone in need of training. If they aren't experienced in this than ask them how long it may be? Also consider how long you want to wait until you can confidently write commercial.

For me, i need training and my master agency is working on getting me that but i'm getting commercial referrals and am not in a position to turn them down! This is slightly frustrating to feel like i have opportunities that may be passing me by and a lack of support to help me be as successful as i need to be. I hope this is helpful. Not trying to push you either way but wanted to offer my experience.

Back