Side Job as Insurance Agent ?

Hello all,

I'm an architect in California. And have seriously started thinking about having a side job, part time at first. I think I could easily sell E&O insurance as I know other architects and I would have credibility with them being an architect myself. Although I am not opposed to selling other types of insurance. The reason I thought about E&O first is because I have some experience with it.

Basically my 1st goal would be to have a side job that would produce a net income of 60k a year in 5 years.
Is this doable working 30 plus hours after work and on weekends?
Are there any agencies that would fit with what I want to do?
Are there any books you would recommend for novice like me?

Would greatly appreciate any input.

Hello all,

I'm an architect in California. And have seriously started thinking about having a side job, part time at first. I think I could easily sell E&O insurance as I know other architects and I would have credibility with them being an architect myself. Although I am not opposed to selling other types of insurance. The reason I thought about E&O first is because I have some experience with it.

Basically my 1st goal would be to have a side job that would produce a net income of 60k a year in 5 years.

I'd do it if I were an architect. As an architect, do you carry E&O insurance?

Welcome to the Forum!:)

Thanks for the welcome goillini52 !
I know several sole practitioners that reluctantly pay for E&O (+$400 per month)
Is there any books out there you would recommend a beginner to read?

Thanks for the welcome goillini52 !
I know several sole practitioners that reluctantly pay for E&O (+$400 per month)
Is there any books out there you would recommend a beginner to read?

----------

Art Vandelay insurance Inc.
I claimed it!! :D

Hahaha. That's a good name that'll get attention.:laugh:

Yes, I'd recommend The Little Train That Could.:)

Hello all,

Insurance can definitely be sold as a part-time profession (with full-time effort, of course).

I did a video about part-time insurance sales here in the context of selling final expense; it should help give you some perspective despite the product difference.

Back