Sidney C. Walkers Book Helps With Cold Calling..

Logan Five

I have had Sid Walker's book " How I Conquered Call Reluctance, Fear of Self-Promotion & Increased My Prospecting. "

I am just studying for the life insurance & the series 6 exams so I haven't had the chance to put what is in this book to the test. But, this is a sales book that is much different from others that I have read. In his book Sid talks about the main cause of call reluctance and the fear of self-promotion is the "ego". And it goes on to say that the "ego" is formed by other's thoughts about us and we are not our ego.

Anyone else have the book ? How has it impacted your bottom line ?

Mark Hunter, High Profit Prospecting, he has a little 4 Horseman group he rides in with Jeb Blount and a couple others, they just wrapped up Outbound in Atlanta.

What I like about this group is how they do not sugarcoat the phones and the use of them extensively daily, a lot of folks like to say cold calling is dead but they typically are fearful of the phones so why take their opinion seriously.

The idea of a person who can't speak English well or a thick accent reading off a script cannot answer an actual question...do you see yourself in that light? I don't. You will not be physically harmed if you pick up the phone and prospect, I promise.

So how many insurance policies have any of the above sold? Just sayin’... Books and seminars...yes. Policies? :no:

Some people are better coaches than salespeople. Sid Walker got his start selling whole life for Northwestern Mutual.

However, the testimonials on how his approach has helped multiple producers to achieve 7-figures a year are good enough reason to check out the FREE (or low cost) resources.

Sometimes ignorance of one's value and being blinded by only one's production as their authority... can be costly.

So how many insurance policies have any of the above sold? Just sayin’... Books and seminars...yes. Policies? :no:

Not selling insurance does not mean that someone has not battled their own fight with call reluctance and may have useful techniques for overcoming them. Call reluctance can be had in asking a lady out or calling up a tax office seeking information or in any sales pursuit such as booking a seminar if you are a trainer.

Sid Walker will help you feel professional PRIDE in who you are and what you do as you are doing your personal self-promotion. Most prospecting feels too much like 'begging'... because most people are taught to be positioned in that way. That prospects have to "like you" or you have to "build a relationship".

There are SO MANY things that are taught that are completely wrong and contrary to having pride in your profession... but Sid Walker will help you turn all that around... and even feel BETTER after you make a call than BEFORE you made that call - even if they told you 'not interested'. If that helps you make 10x as many calls... and set 10x as many appointments... for 10x the average commissions... that would be a decent investment of time.

But I guess you can't learn from someone who isn't "selling policies"...

A true student of the profession will learn from anyone, any time, and any place. I can learn from my own failures, someone else's failures, and someone else's success. I've learned from Brian Tracy, but he never sold life insurance. I've learned from Jim Rohn, but he never sold life insurance. I've learned from other speakers that never sold life insurance. I've learned A LOT from MLM trainers that never sold insurance.

Claude Whitacre is a sales trainer. He sells vacuums out of his store. He says that he learned ONE technique from WITHIN his industry, and everything else he learned from OUTSIDE of his industry.

I can see that from the sweeper salesman. Lol. No need for the ridiculous defensiveness. Funny though.

I don’t need to be told about being a “true professional.” I’ve been in this profession as a professional since 1978. I have always complimented you, but this time you can save it for someone else.

Back